1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This Jeep worth it?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by mmplowing, Dec 1, 2007.

1. mmplowing

mmplowing Member

2. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

after owning a few jeeps, i personally wouldnt even consider a jeep with a 4 cyl
    go for the 6, you'll be much happier in the long run, regular oil changes and normal maintence and you'll get 200,000 easily

3. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

could not agree more :drinkup:

4. mmplowing

mmplowing Member

As I had suspected thanks!

5. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

Did not read the ad listing but I have two 4 cyl., one with 175,000 and one with 165,000 miles. Both are 5 speed and excellent reliability. I also have a 6cyl with 135,000 as well. All have 6.5' blades. No difference in ability....

6. CJPlow

CJPlow Member

I stopped reading after 4cyl and 5 speed. I used to go 4 wheeling with a manual and i was beat after a long day. Clutches will burn out quicker and your starter will get a workout. 4 cyls are not bad if all your looking for is a driver. Auto 6cyl jeeps are hard to come by at a decent price i looked at over 200 jeeps in my area on the web 80% were stick. I would look for a 4.0L the jeep wont have to work as hard. IMO

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

jeeps power plants have a lot of torque but you want that set up

8. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

If you know how to drive a manual works jest fine I change my clutch every 75 K just because. I see a lot of 4 cyl with plows. they have plenty of torque. Ihave used manual Trany jeeps for 21 years had 1 auto sold it.