1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This is what I had to deal with yesterday.

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Duncan90si, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

2. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Yaah thats when ya wonder, what the heck am I doing
  3. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  4. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

we had some icing here but nothing like that:dizzy:
  5. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

We had one similar to that last year & I had to salt my way to my sons daycare since I slid past the entrance both ways. There is no worse feeling that a person can have of that sliding on ice.
  6. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I second that. Losing control on ice like that and seeing something your gonna hit coming at you is gut wrenching.
  7. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

Hard to believe you guys don't just stay home for that sort of thing... Servicing a salting contract would be one thing, but daycare? You wouldn't catch my kid going anywhere in that sort of ridiculousness.
  8. Heimy

Heimy Junior Member

they where some of the worst roads i have been on made you pucker a couple of times
  9. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Yeah thats for sure. I was doing 15mph on route 422 and I was sliding around even with studded tires. I was one of 4 people I saw driving on 422. All the rest were pulled over, wrecked, or in a ditch. I had to salt a hill on a public secondary road just to make it up. It was nuts to say least.
  10. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping Senior Member

That was some nasty ice we had here. It came in around 7:00am. I waited until 10:30am before I went out to salt. I wasn't going to smash up my truck. There was a 22 year old girl who died here because of that ice.
  11. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

Last year we had one of those. I ran up the rd and grabbed my kid out of school on the way to salt a property. Most buses got kids home at 11:30pm that night.