1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This is to EVERY single person who reads plowsite

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mylittlescoop, Jan 24, 2005.

1. mylittlescoop

mylittlescoop Senior Member
    from nj

A big big thank you
    to all of you.
    I can not express my gratitude and thank you for all the help you have given me. espeically fernal dude and aproct
    You guys have spent hours talking to me walking me through my most difficult moments.
    I am a 31 year old single mom I took over my brothers plow buisness my brother passed away last year almost 2 years ago. My brother made a ton of money doing this and I knew I wanted to continue it.He did not do it only for money but for his pride in seeing what before and after looked like.
    I walked in knowing nothing spent hours rserching this site. Endless hours before asking I used the search bar and found answers.If soemething was wrong I would ask and you all expertly answered my questions.
    Today I shopped for another truck and at first the guy selling me the truck thought I was an idiot and tied to take advantage of me probably becasue I was a female..He told me he bought the plow used and just put it on and decided not to plow. I went up there to look at the truck this truck was a rust bucket screamed salt cancer. The floor bored were barely alive. LOL
    He told me the truck was sitting and he only put 50 thousand miles on the truck clearly it had been flipped a couple times unless he plowed it to its last breath.lol
    Next my plow dealer ...awesome people I call him with all my questions until today I talked to him and by the time I was done lol he asked me if I wanted a job. He told me I know more about plows that the guy he just fired LMAO
    I must tell you all keep posting. I suck it up like a sponge. In the middle of the storm this guy was plowing with a truck similar to mine and I tild him that if he did not angle hi splow his truck would over heat LMAO The look on his face was priceless when he told me it happened to him a couple huors agao he thanked me a BUT LOAD lol
    Anyway THANKS EVERYONE!

2. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

You go girl! I bet your brother is smiling down and very proud of you. :)

3. alittle1

alittle1 Member

Didn't expect that. That was nice to read.

4. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas Senior Member

That makes it all worth while - god bless you, I wish you all the success in the world.

5. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Congrats to you mylittlescoop for taking the reigns and forging ahead into the business. I'm sure your brother would be proud to see what you've done. Glad to see things have worked out and you are right, there are some great people/members on this site that have helped me out a great deal as well.

Good luck on your continued success.

Buck

6. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

thanks

Thanks scoop that was nice to here and we members of the site are glad to help. Us pros (as we are called) like to pass on the lessons the we learned before the INTERNET was able to link the many contractors in the business of snow removal I just hope we can help the younger contractors. Keep pushing and always forward........

7. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I'm sorry to hear about you losing your brother. I'm sure he's very proud of you and how you've carried on his business. If I lived in your area I'd be honored to work for you as a sub, seeing your dedication and the pride you take in your work. Congratulations on your success.

8. mickman

mickman Senior Member

I also are saddened by your loss. You obviously have great strength to continue your brother's work, and it's nice to see that the good-hearted people on Plowsite could assist you and will continue to do so.

Please keep all of us up to date on how your doing, & let's see some pic's
    of the truck you have purchased!

9. Aproct

Aproct Junior Member

Not a problem! I am sorry I didn't get back to you about that church..Was called out Wednesday and didn't get in until 2:30 am....and this weekend, well let's just say no sleep...Send me an IM when you get chance!

10. crashz

crashz Senior Member

This is the best thread I've read in a while. I'm glad that plowsite has helped you continue in your brother's footsteps. I'm sure he's very proud!

:)