1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This is the time to wrestle

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DAZ982500, Jun 19, 2006.

1. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

I have alot of questions without any specific answers.I only through this out here because I thought that some other ideas might be useful.I do'nt expect anyone to solve my dilema that is ultimatley up to me.Anyway, I have a 98 dodge ram 3/4 ton with myer 7.5 st blade.I owe about 10k on it it will be payed off in 3 years.The extended warrenty runs out in 9-06 then I am on my own.I have had so many problems with this truck, two cracked cylander heads , a rear differential problem ,tranfer case switch, front springs.Also the plow is older and is also starting to require repairs.My payments are about 300 a month and wonder one,new plow on old truckcontinue to pay on truck and repair it (transmission next????) 2.look for another used truck put new plow on it3.hope for the best with what Ive got and keep praying and repairing.My budget is about this 300.00 -325 per month in payments.all kinds of factors here how much to spend, how many new accounts can I get, how much snow will we get, new plow old plow:dizzy: .I guess I will go cut some lawns.dave
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Personally, I would ditch your current truck for sure. Then look for a good 3/4 ton used truck that has not been beaten on, the add a plow to it whether it be a new plow or a used one. I would look for a truck that has not been plowed before. I would much rather know how the truck has been treated while plowing. This is how I bought my truck and plow.
  3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i would keep the truck!! sounds like you are probably flipped (worth about $5k) make money with it, pay it off, and save your money for a new truck. btw how do you owe $10k on a 98 model? when you buy a used work truck you should be paying cash for it. if you buy new, set your payments up so you pay it off in less than 3 years. (payments in the $1500 range w/ no $ down). if you use this method you will have new trucks every three years and they wont be wore out. last but not least, don't ever sell your slightly used trucks. you will miss them some day. if you can't afford this just work overtime and weekends...keep your head up!!!
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  4. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

10k owed still. I suspect you rolled over some bad debt into this loan which means your in a hole. Being your so far in a used new-to-you used truck is a far better option than the dealer rack over on a new truck given your debt load.

On th flip side there are many after market warranty insurance companies that for a price will hedge some of your claim cost. On a 98 and depending upon mileage you may not qualify though.

Your probably going to have to suck it up, take it in for a once over and pay off the bad debt.