1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This is the life

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by russ130, Jan 2, 2009.

1. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

I had the pleasure of spending the day under the hood of my 78 chevy p/u. There was nothing wrong with it but I wanted to change the vacumn lines and fuel lines and do a slight adjustment to the carb which is a Holly street avenger. It is so nice to tinker rather than repair for a change. Tomorrow if the weather is bearable I am going to change the spark plug wires to these MSD wires I have had sitting around for quite a while now. I am also going to install my new powder coated wire looms and basically see what else I can do to clean it up a bit. I'm getting too old to be fixing trucks but tinkering I will never be too old for. Well let's rephrase that a bit, when I was younger I loved fixing my trucks, now that I am older I no longer love it but do it only if I have to.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

At least on those trucks you can name all the parts in there.
  3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Those were the days when something went wrong you new whatit was and how to fix it....Now you have to be a Rocket scientist..! ! ! ! !