1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This Is Nuts!!!

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by 86 CJ, Feb 7, 2010.

1. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

I have plow contracts that I can't even get to :realmad: I plowed from 9pm Friday night to 5am yesterday, braely got in my community at 5 am, slept, woke up at 10am , tried to get out and can't :( I am the only one with this size lift and clearence in my neighborhood that has even attempted to drive throuhg, and with the low front plow mount, I can't get through the 3' we have. I tried 3 times yesterday and got some progress made, but not out yet. I am shoeveling a layer out in a minute, I have to get out of here...:cry:
  2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I'll come from NY to plow you out,not a problem.---How does $20K sound?--Be glad you got that---completely missed me.
  3. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

guess you'll have to plow your way out
  4. danskool

danskool Junior Member

Pictures.. Pictures....Please. It might help explain my confusion
    You shoveling/stuck and you have a plow? Little confused.

I wish it would snow around here.. We got nothing. Well under the mark this year for totals.. Blade not making money in the garage..
  5. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

Even though we've had a light winter here there is no way I would want that much...not even 24".
  6. tuney443

He probably means the local roads haven't been done because his area is ill prepared to deal with a 3' er and he just can't get through it with a pickup.I think he's saying shoveling but he really means to say plowing.
  7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

That's the reason why I'll take a 3-4 snow any day of the week,those big ones do nothing for you except get you mad.
  8. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I'm with you!!

People who think a storm like that is any kind of fun have probably only seen them on TV.
    They've obviously never been through it.
  9. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I love my V blade. Sounds like my skid steer would make a ton of money still.
  10. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

2 feet is about the limit for my comfort level and that's using a loader. I wouldn't even want to imagine the frustration with a P/U in those accumulations.
  11. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

I finally got out of the neighborhood after getting stuck 5 times and the neighbors shoveling me out :D I had my own pit crew, they knew that if I could not make it out in 3 feet then no one could. I ended up backing out most of the way to use teh clearence of my Jeep.

There is no plowing your way out in a straight line in a jeep or f250 in some cases with 3 feet of snow. My jeep could push this stuff with my 7, blad but I had to dump it quick left or right or would have a huge pile in front of me and nowhere to go. I did a liquior store parking lot with it right when I got out and was making 8 foot banks of snow. Hard to believe my Jeep cold even do it, but I pushed for 3.5 hours and made $500 on it, still was cheap I think.

I had to give up 8 residential driveways today because I just could not get in them. I could clear the fronts walls, but could not back up them or push up them :realmad: With 1 foot, I could usually shred up them..My buddy's with f250's were burreing there trucks as well and blowig tranny's so I did not feel too bad.

This was a BOBCAT ans skid loader storm unless you were pushing an open lot with others....

I just beat the crap out of the jeep and plow. I am eaking brake fluid, lost my headlights allm together somehow there is a short or loose ground:cry: smacked the low a couple times to high and nailed the arm that the the chain sits on..

Its been a long couple days and now we have 12-18 more coming tomorrow. and I have regular work to get to...NUTS:gunsfiring:
  12. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome to the world of snowplowing!
  13. tuney443

Too bad you don't have a V plow so you could go fairly straight without dumping off constantly.I think you need to slow down a bit before you really break something expensive.Slow and steady won the race,remember?
  14. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

Thanks Guys

I have been plwoing with everything from a 3500 Dually with 8' blade to F250's and two different Jeeps. This storm was like no other and having the Jeep I had to push it a bit more to get things done. If I had the bigger truck I could go slower with the weight and not have to fight it as much..:eek:
  15. darryl g

darryl g Senior Member
    from CT

Sounds like a ton of fun!
  16. danskool

danskool Junior Member

I missed the ' in 3' I seen it as 3".. with " as inches..Whoops. I was thinking, Sheese, my wife's focus can handle 3 inches.. lol. 3 feet can't be fun. Supposed to snow a whopping 4 inches in the next few days here... We usually get the beating. Not this year i guess. 4 inches is just a dusting.I'm not making much $ this winter.

How are those roofs/sheds holding up? I made lots of money shoveling those also.

When the snow fly's the work begins.. Lots of work, lack of sleep and money in the bank.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Load up the old CJ with bags of salt !!! The extra weight will make a difference!!! Loved pushing with my old CJ but the heat sucked!!!
  18. willyswagon

willyswagon Senior Member

I can't agree more with that one. The old truck plows great until you get about 50 cm (20")or so. With any more than that forecasted,
    I'll put about 1400lbs of sand in the box.
    It pushes like a dozer after that!! wesport
  19. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

I did, I had 400lbs of salt bags in the back and a full tank of gas. It helps, but not with 3 Feet of snow...:mad:
  20. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

You have to remember that there was NO pavement to be found, so I was tryign to push on packed snow. I have watched 3500 Dually's with steel plates in the back spin all 6 tires pushing this stuff in MD this weekend.

I fixed the lights, brakes, went over everything and have it in the shop right now getting some carb adjustments :D

Getting ready for tonight calling for 12-20 more inches, Crazy!!!