1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This is Irritating

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by DJ Contracting, Dec 22, 2006.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

How come on plowsite the new post changes every hour (49 post then 6 post) this gets very frustrating when you go to look up a post that you just replied to, and find that it has been moved already. This doesn't happen on lawnsite. Sorry for the incorrect spelling on the title.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

I just fixed the title for you...and, what do you mean by the "new posts" changing?...the "new posts" change based on the last time you visited the site...if you log off or are away from the site for a little while, when you click on that feature, it will bring up the posts that have occurred since your last visit.

There is also a feature under "Quick Links" that will bring up "Today's Posts" which will allow you to view all posts in the last 24 hours.

3. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

It's happend to me and then I started using Todays Posts, to get a more complete listing.

What I think he is referring to is when you open "New Posts" and you get a list, say 2 or 3 pages long. Then you surf the net for a while and then come back, click on New Posts and you only get 3/4 of a page of posts. I, too, was wondering where the other ones "went"? However, under Todays Posts you get the missing pages from New Posts.:confused:

4. Lawnscape89

I think I figured it out, kinda. I just got "signed off" for inactivity. I didn't check "Remember Me". So, when I logged back in and went to New Posts, there was only a partial list. So, I jumped over to Today's Posts and I noticed a "divider" line with the statement ...The threads below have not been updated since your last visit or since forums have been marked read.

I guess that's the answer.:rolleyes:

5. DJ Contracting

Thats what I'm talking about. I'll try the under todays post
    Thanks Joe
    Oh MJ Donovan how did you edit my post? Never mind just seen that you are one of the Moderators

6. Lawnscape89

Your welcome - but who's Joe? :rolleyes:

7. DJ Contracting

That would be me.

8. Lawnscape89

LOL...usually I'm not that slow:sleeping: I thought you meant I was Joe :blush2:

Sorry 'bout that.:dizzy: