1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This is how you move snow.............JD Dave, this means you!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by got-h2o, Dec 6, 2009.

1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

2. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

WOW! That's fast! The video is so short I couldn't even see it.:jester:

edit Oh there they are!:dizzy:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol fixed it ;)

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I have some vids of my mom plowing snow also. LOL

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol, so do I !!!!! :D

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

At least you saw the humour in that. I could never go back to a straight blade after owning a V, they are just so much more productive. Nice Vids.

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol, thanks..................I kew it was ever so wrong as I was typing it! Trying to upload a couple more from Cabelas last year. Have to get them off my phone somehow.

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

9. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

What did you do to your turbo to make it sound like that?? I'm talking about the first vid at the end after you take your foot off the throttle... I like it.. :salute:

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

That's actually turbo bark, not a good thing ;)

11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

More impressive when you don't have to hit the pile at 25 MPH to get the snow rolling in front of you. :D ;)

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol, yeah i had to blast into that one, I saw my buddie taking the video laughing his ass off after I hit it the first time, so that was for show :jester:

A better vid would have been actually making that pile before I moved it to the mountain. All of that snow on that side of the lot has to go where I pushed it. It's actually quite a feat, especially with a truck.

13. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I hope you don't plow at that speed all of the time. But I do like the vids.

14. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

Turbo bark? I figured that was your wastegate opening letting off excess pressure and unused air. Thats a perfectly normal sound of a wastegate.

The thing I miss the most about my V blade was the stacking. Beautiful sight to see. That snow looked like it was perfect. Wet enough to stack well but dry enough that you can actually push it.

15. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

No that is the pressurized air thats between the turbo and the intake manifold being forced backwards through the turbo which stalls the compressor wheel and makes that barking sound. Its going backwards because the throttle was let off abruptly while under a fair load.

16. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Thats pretty funny Dave LOL (didnt think you had it in you) laughing::laughing:

17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That was a good one. LOL

GotH20 your goal for this winter is to take video's longer then 15 seconds. Your vids are good but way too short. I do love the white GMC's.

18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

That was a good one, and I agree. He told me he was too slow to think of those witty comebacks. :laughing:

19. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I hear ya. Yeah that was me fumbling in the truck trying to hold a camera, operate the controller, steer, and throw it in reverse all in those 15 seconds! Man, I am good!!! :laughing: