1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

this is getting bad

Discussion in 'Weather' started by PORTER 05, Jan 8, 2006.

1. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

:dizzy: :dizzy: wow, today we had our proubly 6th or 7th storm in a row ...rain...3 more storms in the forcats. all rain , and high40's and low 50 's for the north shore of mass...wat is going on here . im loosing it, i need to get another job im going crazy:dizzy:
  2. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

You arent the only one feeling that way. :dizzy:
  3. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

Where is the snow???

I,M from ontario and we got 1 tiny inch of snow...Now there calling for rain tonight.:realmad:
  4. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I 100% feel your pain. It's actually driving me nuts! :dizzy:

I was seriously relying on a good winter this year to pay some bills, but so far, we haven't had ****! :cry:
  5. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

the worst part is this is just a tease. usually the snow start to melt and i think, cool soon spring will be here then summer. but noo, winter isnt half over yet and we have 3 months or so of cold left and hopefully some snow.
  6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Ya tell me about it!
    I live in the snow belt of Ohio and we have not seen nothing this year!
    I plowed once in the last 2 months!
    In years past I would of plowed at least weekly or more!
  7. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Many of us predicted this weather for this season. We were due for this after last year's weather. Check the Farmer's Almanac-maybe it'll get better in Feb.....?
  8. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

snowless blues!

We purchased $28900. worth of snow equipment on 10 21 05! :mad:
  9. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

Seasonal Contracts

Dont worry if you look at past years it all averages out. Just get ready for the big one.
  10. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

hahaha now thats funny jan is going to end the way it is warm and rainy.
    and the sun is starting to set up for spring so its going to be harder for it to be a snowy pattern got to go with the flo . iam just as :realmad: igot a brand new truck and plow too . but i need more accounts to run two trucks anyway .
  11. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Here in connecticut the last four out of five years have been way above average. You can't expect every year to be that way. Though this year I have already 6 or 7 times plowing and 9 salt runs so can not really complain. We were spoiled by the last five years and you can't win them all. You have to just average your years out. Normally around my parts we get 10 to 15 snow plows a year tops. Last year we had 21, so cant complain much really.
  12. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

200" (yes two hundred inches) of snow here this year SO FAR. I ain't complainingpayup
  13. nekos

nekos Senior Member

:realmad: :realmad:
    lol , god i wish i was back in leadville !!! :(
  14. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

You must be in Northen CT because where I am I only plowed 2 times this Month and it looks we don't get much till the 21.....Dutchman:cry:
  15. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Yes, you guys always get less near the coast, especially southeast shore.
  16. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Purchase in the last year. Not including tax or insurance on new toys.
    1-1999 F-350 dump truck with plow and spreader : $28,900
    1-2000 Bobcat 773g with cab and heat: $15,000
    1-curtis POS cab:realmad: $2410
    1-Kubota front mounted blower and plow (Which I bought from lawn king): $2000

No snow: priceless. Everything else there is mastercard.

Made a whole $1750 subbing and $545 in driveways so far this year.:angry:

Thank got at least the bobcat and truck get used year round.
  17. RickO

RickO Junior Member
    from Ohio

The good news is

Elmo1537, I think your right. With this continuosly wet weather pattern, when it does finally get cold we are going to get hammered. I predect that in a couple weeks we will all be busy as a one legged man in a but kickin contest.:redbounce
  18. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Hopefully. The precipitation is there, but the temperatures are not. 40-50 degrees is not going to cut it.