1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This Is For 2COR517

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mercer_me, Sep 18, 2011.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I saw this plow for sale at the Farmington Ford area at the Farmington Fair 2COR so, I thought of you. It's the only one they had there and they didn't have any info on other Sno Way products so, I'm not sure if they are becoming a dealer or what they are doing. I also find it odd that the sign says it will go on a 2011 F-150. :confused:

[​IMG]

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Who was the dealer? They can't be from Maine, no Fishers in sight....

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The dealer is Farmington Ford (Farmington, Maine), they sell Boss and Snow Dogg and now maybe Sno Way.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snoway claims you can install their plow on a F-150 ford, how they feel they can supersede the factory prohibitions I am unsure.

5. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

I emailed them about installing a plow on a new F150, waiting for a reply. The even show a ecoboost F150 with the new 26 series plow on it. Hey basher is thier wings to put on the new 26 series and from what I read on the site you can get the pro controler for it?

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Would you install one?

7. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

There are a few members with rather substantial plows on f-150s. however you will need to bef up that front and and put a trans cooler on from what i hear.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

There are wings comeing for the 26 series, have not received them yet. The Pro control is the standard control, they have a offer right now for free wireless.

9. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

I emailed snoway and this is what they sent me on the issues with the F150

The Series 26 Sno-Way snowplow can indeedgo on the new 2011 – 2012 Ford F-150 strictly due to Sno-Way’spatented “EIS” electrical system. It is the only snowplowelectrical system that totally eliminates relays (relays are the biggestfailure point of ALL plows on the market). EIS system DRAWS MUCH LESSAMPS than all other snowplow electrical systems. Therefore, EIS does NOTaffect the auxiliary electronic power steering motor on the new F-150. Chris, even if the auxiliary power steering motor did shut down with any othercompetitive snowplow electrical system drawing too much power, the worst case scenariowould be “Armstrong Steering” like in the days prior to powersteering.

Ford has tested the EIS system and foundthat it is the only snowplow electrical system that does NOT affect theauxiliary power steering motor on the new F-150. Ford stated they willnever grant an exception to any supplier. Remember, there are numerousvehicles that do not have “snowplow prep packages” that allmanufacturers still list in their application guides as acceptable for thosesame vehicles. Whenever a snowplow manufacturer lists a snowplowapplication for any vehicle (as Sno-Way did for the new F-150) thatmanufacturer stands behind same.

10. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

They keep one in a shrine out back and apologize to it everytime they sell another brand of plow. Sometimes human sacrifices are also made.

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

shareholders.jpg