1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This is bad business

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bounty21061, Nov 20, 2005.

1. bounty21061

bounty21061 Member

I went to a self storage area the other day that i use to put people things their that owe me money and i put a bid on the snow plowing about 2 weeks ago and i asked one of their people if they decided on a contract yet and he told me that he just give a company a copy of all the bids they got so he could look them over and give them a price in the same range as the bids. that pissed me off big time and i told them so and then he tried saying that well it might not have been for the bids the same guy has plowed it for years and when i put the bid in i was told they wanted to get rid of him becouse he raised his prices by 25%
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Don't get upset. Just tell them, in writing, that you withdraw your bid due to what you consider unethical business practices on their part and that you will disassociate yourself from them for any future considerations. Send a copy to the other plowing business. Send another copy to the local Chamber of Commerce. Don't "go off" in the letter - keep it professional. You are the professional - they have proven to be otherwise.
  3. nekos

nekos Senior Member

that is the longest sentence in the history of the world !!! :dizzy:

anyway that is very unprofessional to say the least. i wouldn't get to upset over it though , i can think of a lot worse things to happen then that.
  4. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

sorry to hear that. Mind telling me what storage facility? I have one that we're looking into, and dont want to get caught in the middle of anything. If its the same one then I wont even submit the proposal.

You can email me if you dont want to publish it here.

5. bounty21061

bounty21061 Member

fortsmallwood mini storage you still looking for subs around this area
  6. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

We got some Pasadena boys here .
  7. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

Welcome to the world of business..Customers will always play one contractor off of another, until they get some sucker making 10%. Although customers have the right to do what they want, as they are not government, we still have local towns near us doing the same!! What is not right, is that he is not supporting one of his own customers..too bad
  8. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

You hit the nail right on the head, 140 words and 1 period somewhere in the middle.... :eek:
  9. bounty21061

bounty21061 Member

sorry i didn't think i was in school
  10. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Lol..Im still out of breath.
  11. mr hydroseed

mr hydroseed Member

not that bad

it wasn't that bad, it was only like 95 words. he was venting, its allowed.
  12. schuitb

schuitb Member

It was probably said in one breath too!