1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

this is a tuff one

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snowplowpro, May 26, 2013.

1. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

i posted a question about freeze out plugs awhile ago I got underneath today and the freeze out plugs are fine I wpied and cleaned evrerything and seems its coming from the side wall of the motor like a pin hole cause I started it up and it came right were the wall of block is how would fix a hole in a block wall so to say.

1996 f250 5.8 liter 351

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Maybe a good mig welder guy. Or the silver powder stop leak.

3. snowplowpro

from NJ

will the silver powder clog the heater core and stuff or no and were do I buy it

4. MickiRig1

Advance, AutoZone, NAPA, Walmart will have it. The stuff is in a plastic tube, 1 inch by 3 inches. It's a silver powder. You have to take some antifreeze out of the radiator so you can put it in a little at a time. It will not clog the heater core or radiator. Our mechanics at work put it in just for a system self repair. It will seal small pin hole leaks and such. The stuff is metal powder that clots the hole and seals it. The stuff is not really a jury rig product, it serves a function in fleet vehicles. They put it in anytime they change the antifreeze.

5. Holland

Holland Senior Member

I've had really good luck with a product called K-Seal. http://www.kseal.com/

I'm not a big fan of stop leak type products, but sometimes in a case like yours, it may be what you have to try. I've also have a friend who repaired a cracked block on his boat with JB Weld. He's been running that repair for years now without a leak! Whatever works! lol

6. MickiRig1

The silver stuff is not a juryrig product. A lot of fleets put it in just as a prophylactic function. " It's Protection" The Bars Leak stuff in the brown jars is something to stay away from. It's just globs of fibers that clog a hole. I put the silver stuff in my vehicles when I change antifreeze. We have 5 vehicles and another 10 of the kids in my extended family. That I take care of. Never had a leak that needed parts changed.

7. snowplowpro

from NJ

I cant find the silver seal stuff around by me the auto stores by all they sell is bars leaks or alumna seal I will try again tomorrow

8. MickiRig1

Walmart used to sell it.

9. snowplowpro

from NJ

yea was there to only bars leaks if worse comes to worse ill use bars leaks then get the heater core fixed down the road.

I cant even drive the truck it leaks so bad

10. damian

damian Senior Member

drill a hole thru the pin hole,tap it to 1/8 pipe plug , put some teflon sealer on a pipe plug and thread it in.

11. weareweird69

weareweird69 Senior Member

If nothing else.... It may be an engine replacement. I'll have a 351 for sale this year sometime for cheao