1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This has to be the mildest winter ever!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

This has to be the suckiest winter I can ever remember. One day it snows a little then back into the 40's the next day. Over and over temp's. up and down WTF!
  2. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

I wouldn't care if it was 50 one day, snow storm the next, 50 the next day. Fine with me, as long as it snows.
  3. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

It was 60 degrees here yesterday, nothing in sight for us! We have a brand new factory cab kubota with a $4400. snowblower attached, sitting in the shop, and the payments don't stop because there's no snow!! :realmad:
  4. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

January is going to be a big zero where I am at. Salted a few lots once. It doesnt matter how good February is it wont make up for a goose egg this month. I hope all the lowballers and big spenders dry up and go away so we can get rates that we deserve. The accounts dont take into consideration that we are available 24-7 and that if it doesnt snow we are up a creek. Thats why we need fair rates for what we do.
  5. AlwaysGreener

AlwaysGreener Senior Member

I agree with you..There has been 2 low ballers that are selling there stuff in my area. We added 3 new clients today..But we need the snow to make any money. Winter is not over it has just begun...
  6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

isn't it the other way around? heavy winters kill the lowballer because he landed 300 contracts hoping it wouldn't snow, then he can't keep up. But no snow would be a blessing---I guess unless you do everything by the push.
  7. AlwaysGreener

AlwaysGreener Senior Member

What I found out about them is that they bought new stuff and had about 180 residential driveways. no insurance so no commercial accounts. They did charge by the push so there overhead was more than what they were making, 8 bucks a driveway:dizzy: . no snow no money.ha ha
  8. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

No, I would say that no snow is much worse than overselling. Even if they lose some accounts because of poor service they still have cash flow which enables most of the clowns to keep afloat but not really accomplish anything.No snow , no cash, no making payments.