1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This guy pretty much sums it up!

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by creativedesigns, Aug 26, 2008.

1. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

2. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

You sure that isn't GV??? :rolleyes:

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

17 hours in one lot, sounds like you have the wrong piece of equipment. I would go nuts in one place.
  4. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

haha maybe thats why he brought another truck!
  5. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

didnt look like that big of a lot. mabey he needs a loader or just wake up a little and put his foot in the damm thing lol wesport
  6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

17 hours there? That is nothing. 36 hours straight is my record. home for a couple hour nap then back out for another 20, home for 3 hours, out for 18 more, home for 6 hours and back out to do final cleanups. 17 hours is just a warm up for most guys....payup
  7. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

I'm getting paid by the hour this winter, 17 hours would be nice.
  8. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 Member

My record is 118 Hrs. straight with no sleep and no breaks at home. During that storm I couldn't even get home since the back roads where I live where all drifted shut and their was no way a pickup was going to plow through. I was getting paid by the hour to stay out so I stayed out longer then anyone. After the 3rd consecutive day of plowing it got easier but by the 5th day I was done and felt like I was going to die so I stopped and went home.
  9. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

My record is 3360 hours straight with negative 14 hours of sleep - I was so excited, I stayed awake from November 1 to April 1.
  10. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

now thats what i call an on-call, and ready snow plow driver... i bet you chase the first few flakes as they land too... JD , needs you on his staff , for those spot checks

my most is 47 , there was no stopping, i had a shoveler get me lunch at one account, and i ate while driving to the next... then i slept for like 2 days straight
  11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice first post, I'll really be able to beleive what you say from here on in.:drinkup:
  12. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

13. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I'm thinking he is smoking the happy stuff - guy was way to mellow and waaaaaaaay too slow.
  14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

He's working by the hour. LOL I'm not sure you could stay awake smoking the happy stuff.:sleeping:
  15. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

He forgot to mention the 12 hr nap he took in the corner and 2 lunch trying to hit on the waitress.
  16. Indy

Indy Senior Member

is it me or does it look like he's got the plow straight and he's windrowing to the left with a foot trail on the right, no wonder it take so long, theres no pattern, just driving.......wweeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I just watched it again, it must be the waitress deal
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  17. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 Member

It is good to see a bunch of pricks are members on here. If you don't believe me well I don't really care since I got the check after the hours I worked. Some people just strive harder in life to accomplish what they want and everyone else wants it handed to them on a platter.
  18. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to stay awake for 118 hours straight - no catnaps, no reclining in the chair for 5 minutes, no stopping at Waffle House for food. You would have to take a coma to recover from that.

We're just bustin' your chops a little here - but don't come in and us how to accomplish something in life. I had nothing handed to me - and like most people on this board, I work my ass off to get what I want.

Anyways, welcome to the board... Tell us a little about what kind of equipment you are running.
  19. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Please tell us about this snow event. Also if you have a google map of it so we can better see what you were plowing and details of the snow and do you plow other lots.

And you are always welcome to this site!
  20. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

118 hrs???? i though my 30 hr run back in 2003 was a long day......i'm from MO and we are the "show me state" even people on meth can only stay awake for about 4-5 days