1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This Guy is on Drugs

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by NBI Lawn, Feb 29, 2008.

1. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Theres your first mistake...the guys name is Jerome :rolleyes:

Without seeing it, id say $13000 would be fair, but id still beat him down

3. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I like that truck a lot. To bad it wasn't $10,000, I'd own it.

4. itzkcatz

itzkcatz Member
    from CT

Gesh 20 grand, how much was it new? i cant imagine more than 25 Decnt rts plow though i would say 13k

5. NBI Lawn

Just found an old ad from the truck, it has 47,000 miles on it. Also, it says it has PW/PL which it does not. Rubber floor and an AM/FM radio, 0 options:dizzy:. I just wrote the guy an email offering $9,000 :nod:

Even with a Duramax it would probably only be worth $15,000-$16,000

Copy of the email I sent, some stuff was said to prove a point so dont come back with__________

Jerome,
    I think/I know you are about $10,000 high on your price. I would give you $9,000 for it today. Also, your ad states it has PW and locks when in fact it does not, it is the most base model HD truck GM offers. I pulled KBB on it and it came back at $11,800, I guessed the mileage at 50,000. That plow on a good day might be worth $1800 used especially this time of year. I also noticed the price has gone up since January, that might be backwards. See, the price is suppose to go down when it doesnt sell.
    Please dont come back and say it is worth the $20,000 you are asking. I currently own a few of these trucks, all with plows and they do not bring that kind of cash. A new one can be had for ~$23,000 without the plow. Hiniker Plows which are better can be had this time of year for $2900, I just bought one for my personal truck.

I am sure you wont take my offer but take some words of advice and drop your price atleast $9,000 if you are interested in selling this truck. March is not a good time of year to be selling a plow truck either. I dont understand why when it didnt sell months ago you didnt start lowering the price then. If you decide not to lower the price please stop posting it on CL as it is not going to sell for $19,995 and you are just taking up space. $10,995 would be a good starting point but I would be willing to bet your phone wont ring at that price either, not in march.

Thanks
    Tom

HAHA, I have a feeling he isnt going to respond... the only reason I sent him the email is because I am sick of seeing this truck on CL everyday. It has been reposted everyday for the last few months. Best part is the price has gone up

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Its that special edition $9,000 Boss plow that raises the price :dizzy:

7. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

thats a ******** price. i paid 27000 for my 05 duramax with the LT cloth interior with the bose and the polised alloy wheels. and it only had 12k on it when i bought it. if i got the kbb value of my truck it prolly isnt 20K.

8. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

ok i just checked my duramax is worth $25000 as is. with almost 32K on it.

and my 00 is worth 10K.

9. NBI Lawn

This kinda got personal. Here is his response to me:

Hey Plow Guy,

Since you seem to own such a large fleet of these trucks and get them for $9000, do me a favor and pick me up 25 of them. Then, you don't need to wake up at 4am and plow peoples driveways. You would find it much easier to just be honest and tell me that you have **** credit, no money, and your mother won't co-sign. Honesty is the best policy. A good starting point for you would be carhop.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

No offense but what response did you expect from the guy. He can ask what ever he wants for the truck and your just wasting your time and energy offering him 9k. JMO His response was kind of funny though. I get annoyed when I'm trying to sell something and people are making me stupid offers without seeing what shape it's in. I do agree that the guy is dreaming though.:drinkup:

11. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

too funny. someone email the guy and tell him they saw it on the lot the other day and they want to offer 19,500

12. NBI Lawn

It is what I expected I guess. The only reason I sent the email and offer is because the guy is always top posting it on CL. He probably reposts it 2-3X per day for the last 4-5months.

13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Fair enough, dreamers can get very annoying. He's probably got alot of fan mail. LOL

14. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

that truck isnt even loaded

15. NBI Lawn

It doesnt even have a tape deck :dizzy:. Zero options

16. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

That is a total rip off. the guy must be smoking crack!!!I would say around 12 to 13K. but i dont know the mileage for sure.

17. drewguere

drewguere Junior Member

I really am an *******

Jerome,

I have seen your truck for sale on craigslist and was wondering if you still had it. I am looking for another plow truck to expand my buisness, and this seems it might be the one. I like the power windows and locks option, I hate having to crank my windows down while plowing, it saves a ton of time, and makes it easier on me. Is the truck a diesel or gas, and is it a standard or automatic. Does it have leather seats or just cloth.

Also, that looks like a fairly new plow is it one of the new ones that can go into a "V" configuration as well, those look very slick.

I have very good credit, and would be purchasing it through an established buisness. I can offer 19500 cash if you will put a slide in bedliner on it, and 19000 if you dont.

Thank you, Ill be looking forward to the answers to my questions

18. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

ROFLMAO !

To Funny!!

Wouldnt it be funny if he was on ps reading all this :D

19. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

He has is listed in the Auto Trader as well for the same insane price! That truck is worth $13,000 at most, but he is high on almost everything that I have seen he lists!

20. NBI Lawn

HAHA, what is your response going to be when he accepts your offer? Be sure to post it