1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This guy in NYC doesn't get screwed out of money.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jello1, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Just tried searching the New york Post website for an online version of this article on page 5 of the print edition from sat 1/1/11. But It's about a 41 year old from NYC named Danny Dilorenzo that banked $10,000 in cash during their blizzard with his F250 and plow. Reason he probaly has no problems with customer hassles. He has "NO FAVORS, ***** YOU PAY ME" across his windshield in 5" letters. And nothings bleeped out in the pic. He states at 12" or more his rates double, and go to 2.5 times normal at 18". I'll see if i can use the scanner at work tomm. But i'll assume it works.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2011
  2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

While the blizzard buried the city in misery for three days, Danny DiLorenzo turned the snow into cold, hard cash.
    The mercenary plower shoveled in $10,000 since the storm kicked up Sunday -- that's $500 an inch.
    DiLorenzo, 41, who runs a glass and storefront business when it's not snowing, said that behind the wheel of his white pickup, which advertises, "No favors, **** You Pay Me," the streets seemed paved with gold.
    "Everybody wants to be your best friend on days like this, but I only took jobs that were worth my while," DiLorenzo. "I'm not going to do people's driveways or anything like that."
    In addition to a stable of clients in Brooklyn and Queens whose businesses he's on contract to plow, the work "started to spiral" through referrals, and "I was doing one parking lot after another."
    "I've been doing this 15 years, and this was a rough storm," he said, noting his rates double after 12 inches of snow, and increase to 2½ times his usual rate at 18 or more inches.
    DiLorenzo says he didn't think the city's plows were working in earnest but conceded the storm posed challenges.
    "There were 50 mph winds to contend with," he said. "I even got stuck a couple of times."

[/Quote]

3. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth Member

Sounds classy....

4. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

I bet he is legit too! LOL

5. milkie62

milkie62 Senior Member
    from Troy,NY

No real favors from me unless of course it is an old person shoveling. The way I do it on stuck vhicles is : old people and people trying to get to work or home are usually free.Any joy riders better ave some cash.

6. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

Simple and straight to the point, I like it.

7. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

I would not do that .But i love his honesty.New Yorkers have a different attitude.Maybe he liked the movie good fellows to much....

8. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

I just cant bring myself to drive by someone over the age of 60 if they are shoveling their driveway. God knows i have enough bad karma a bit of good aint gonna hurt.

9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Agreed......

10. turboplow3

turboplow3 Junior Member

in NYC always someone else around the corner and lots of neighbors. If you live in a big house with a drive you prob got enough money to pay someone. Not like in small towns where they will know your truck and helping them could gain or lose a few contracts.

11. nycpsd

nycpsd Junior Member
    from nyc/pa

Yeah everyone here wants something for free or thinks you owe them something

12. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

This would be the douschebag...

[​IMG]

13. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

haha

The best part is now the IRS will be after his ass, nice work bragging about all the cash money you made from the storm. Now get ready to bend over for uncle sam's cut.

14. Thats exactly what I was thinking, what a dumbazz to brag about making all that cash money! Not to mention it will encourage more idiots without a clue to wanna start their own "plow company"

15. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Lol, That was my first thoughts upon reading the article.

16. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

whos to say he did not really make 25,000? sometimes i wish i lived in an area that not everyone has their own plow haha

17. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

I assume he has insurance and pays his taxes and all. LOL, yeah right. Hopefull the IRS and City Dept of Finance will catch up with him. Do you think he collected sales tax?

18. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

I'd never got out of the driveway, I would had gotten aressted just for the message on the window..

19. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

around here everyone has a plow which makes it alot harder to do that. if i gobysomeoneshovelingi always did the end of the drive for them, as that was always the toughest, it never pays off it just seemed the right thing to do and i am a sucker lol

20. prizeprop

prizeprop Senior Member

other than his tag line. i cant find a single thing this guy did wrong, unless im missing something? why all the ball busting?