1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This Fisher pump any good?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JFon101231, Feb 1, 2012.

1. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Still have an older truck with a belt drive Speedcast, and its painfully slow (swapped pump and its better, but still slow). Are these worth anything? Guy is asking $100 on CL for pump wiring, valve and joystick. Never seen one, parts for one, or any mention of them so I'm assuming thats probably not good but wanted some opinions and to learn something wesport Kind of looks similar to a Haldex pump...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You said it's slow,is it slow when your just idling or still slow with higher rpm's?

3. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

My current hydraulic belt-driven pump is slower than I'd like at idle, but does fine if I rev it a little as long as its not packed w/ snow. It also came with a 5/8" x 8" edge (8' blade) so that doesn't help, but I can't seem to take the bolts out w/ an impact gun and I don't have a torch. Other than just slowing me down b/c I have to wait, the time it bothers me the most is when I'm coming close to the end of a run and trying to stack - best way is to shift into N (auto) and coast, rev a little while lifting the joystick then braking so I don't ram the pile. Not something I like to have to juggle at 2am outside the bedroom window of a single floor ranch in case I poke the gas pedal a little too hard.

It is not a high dollar machine, so until it gets replaced, I really don't want to spend $600 on a SEHP pump w/ wiring and controller since the next setup will be an Insta-act. And of course we've had 2 snow storms here so far...

4. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

You can increase the speed of the hydraulics by changing out the pulley on the pump. The smaller the pulley the faster the pump will spin even at lower rpm's on the engine. The same principal as on a 10spd bike, the smaller the gear the faster you go with less effort.

5. grandview

This was my next thing. Make sure the belt id tight too.

6. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Interesting, as I had asked if I could do this a while back on my old pump (search overdrive pump)...

Belt is tightened to spec.

But that's not the point of this thread prsport

7. grandview

Sorry,your just looking for a what's it worth?

8. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Right, is it likely to have more power/speed than what I currently have, or is it full of problems and not worth the effort to swap.