1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This Any Good? Whats it Worth?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by JeepNut, Apr 12, 2007.

1. JeepNut

JeepNut Junior Member

Hey guys, I am looking at a used truck and plow combo. I am not familiar with Boss or V plows, but from what I am reading they seem to be very good. I have been using an old 8' Fisher straight blade for 4 years now doing around 30 residential driveways most of which are gravel 100-150' long. The plow seems to work just fine. So my questions are.
    1. What would this plow be worth? Around 5 years old.
    2. Should I be concerned about no trip edge?
    3. Has there been any problems with this era plow?
    4. Will the v-plow actually be any advantage to me?
    Here are a couple of photos. I appreciate any feedback.
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

vee plow

its not a bad plow this is what you call a smart hitch 1 plow ,they operate very fast ,keep the center wing pivot pin greased and the attaching pins lubed up.it appears to be in very good shape for about a 1997 -98 vintage.be care full of the plugs keep them clean and greased up with dielectric grease.the headlights can loose ground some times you have to run an external ground.otherwise it's a good plow! enjoy:salute: $1800.00 to 2000.00

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The plow seems to be in great shape. It doesn't look abused or left untaken care of. I would jump on it. The cutting edge also looks new. Thats gonna save you about 400 bucks right there if u had to replace it. I love mine. You'll never go back to a western or fisher again. Also with the vees you can stack snow higher than a straight blade but be carefull that when you are stacking snow that you don't get hung up in the snowbank. (you'll bottom out when u are stacking because you can accaully reach up higher with that plow.) I don't have a problem with mine tripping down either. I haven't had a problem with mine. You'll love it.