1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This a good deal??

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 75F360, Sep 19, 2007.

1. 75F360

75F360 Junior Member

Alright, after talking with some of you which has been very helpful, I think I may not use my 75 F150 as a starter. Rather, I found a:

"95 F-250 XLT 4x4 With plow, power windows, power locks, ac, Dual Tanks(one was removed), tow hitch, some rust but nothing major, Runs And Drives Good, Asking $3500 O.B.O"

Is this reasonable? It looks like a decent truck and the plow is atleast WITH the truck. I need to actually go see it, but I wanted anyones opinion. I really am seriously interested in getting into the plowing business and I need all the help I can get. Thanks guys.

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Sounds good for a starter truck for plowing. Check out the mechanics of it and figure if it's started rusting, it's going to need fixing in a year or so. A lot depends on your state inspection laws. Up here, I had a truck that looked real good, but it had some rust-through on the lower driver's door, which failed inspection. Are you able to do body work and mechanical work? Are you planning on a backup truck, too?