1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

This a good deal??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by southofheaven73, Apr 1, 2006.

1. southofheaven73

southofheaven73 Junior Member

Today I checked out 2000 3500 4x4 dually. Its in perfect condition with a v8 gas, thats only got 57000 miles on it. It has a tow package, ls package and it has never been plowed. They are asking for 14,000. Is this a good deal?

2. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

good price, I paid 18,500 1 year ago for mine with the same miles but add an Lpack and 8.5 fisher plow.

3. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

Sounds like a fair price to me.. Go online to either Edmunds and or Kelly bluebook and see what they say it worth.. anyway,, post a picture..

4. southofheaven73

southofheaven73 Junior Member

Knew somethin was up

Went back to the guy selling it, checked the truck out. Looked at the rear leaf springs which were just rusty as all hell and hiit lightly and it broke. It looked like it just cracked in half from being nearly rusted all the way through..after that looked under the truck and saw a whole under the driver side seat. So much for the guy saying it was in "perfect conditon". On the other hand, went to a dealer ship near my house and they have a 2002 2500 silverado for sale, its a 6.0litre 4x4 and isnt an "Hd". Doese any one know how these trucks hold up for plowing and towin?? Thanks so much for your help!

5. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Hold off for an HD; you'll be glad you did.