1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

third eye !

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by wild bill, Sep 24, 2010.

1. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

hey guy's i am getting dangerous ,i had a thought ( Ha )ron white would say just let it go ! what would it take to put a wire less camera on the front to assist a hooking up the plow .its usually not to bad but narrow it down to one trip outside to hook up wires and pin's . :dizzy: how hard fould it be !

2. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

Not hard at all! They make many different wireless back up cameras, but there are no rules that say they have to be used for backing up! Check ebay and overstock sites if you just want a cheap one. Maybe put it on a quick mount so you can take it off after hook up so it dont get beat with snow while plowing? Just a thought, sure someones tried it. Anybody?

3. BlizzardBeater

from Maine

HAHA. Heres another quick thought. I've seen trailer line up kits at I think harbor freight for like $8. They look like two magnetic sticks with like tennis balls on top, made for hooking up trailers. It would make a cheap line up kit lol.

4. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

2 marks on the hood and one on the plow would work.....just line them up.......or a plow on wheels works great as well

5. wild bill

third eye

i have seen some on amazon ,the hook up to the back up wire ,would have to see haw they are wired so you can un plg and remove which would be wise like you mentioned and to be able to flip a switch when you want to use it .boss has a stick alignment system one on the plow one on the truck but i dont want to screw it to the hood .

6. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A cheap small round convex mirror mounted on the light tower works good for those that have trouble lining up.

8. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Boss makes a sighting thing, but once you hook a plow up enough times, it becomes second nature.

9. BlizzardBeater

from Maine

Ya, I rarely miss anymore. Actually, my set up is easy. The plows are on dollys in the shop. drive in the shop, wheel the plow over and gently slide it in. Just cant beat it. Whered you find a camera for $30? Thats wicked cheap!

10. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

http://www.google.com/products/cata...log_result&ct=image&resnum=6&ved=0CD8Q8gIwBQ#

35$ sorry my bad but you need someting to plug the rca wire like a portable dvd player with aux input

or this one with monitor for 50$

http://www.google.com/products/cata...PmDI7iygX3mLXqDA&sa=title&ved=0CCUQ8wIwAjgA#p

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  11. BlizzardBeater

from Maine

Even $50 isnt bad bob. They aren't wireless though. Even a novice backyard mechanic can hide wires though!

12. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

I can't believe you guys are talking about getting cameras just to line up a dam plow to a truck!! :dizzy: it's not hard at all. Do it once and you'll always know where to drive up to.

13. wild bill

third eye

yeah i hook up the first time ok ,but you now new toy's !!!!!!!!!!

14. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

I have a system like a car wash. I pull in to a set of chocks with the tire between the set, drop the plow. When I want to rehook pull back into the chocks and rehook the plow. Same alignment each time.. No mods on the truck or the plow