1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Third brake light out fuse location.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Rumble, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Rumble

Rumble Member

I hooked up a LED third brake light on my sander about a week ago. Yesterday I noticed that both the cab mounted third brake light and the new LED are not working. The brake lights in the tails work. I looked in the manual for a fuse location but could not find it. Anyone know where the fuse is located for the third brake light ?

Thanks for the help.

2. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Sorry, not sure which fuse is for the third stop lamp. It isn't exactly clear in the manual of my 2003 either... How do you have your Sander light wired in? Did you run off of the trailer connection? Did you run off the rear stop lamp circuit? Maybe your splice/connection went bad and it happened to break the connection in the upper stop lamp. If its only the upper stop lamp that isn't working, then it might not be a fuse. Turn your dome lights on and see if the side lights turn on. If they do, then it is probably the new wiring to the sander. Just a thought, good luck.

3. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Look for a fuse labeled CHMSL.