1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

thinking of switching plows

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by ricothunder, Mar 19, 2008.

1. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

i am thinking of going from the 810 to a wester power plow with the wings ...... wondeing if any one has used both and like to tell me there pros and cons... or in fact any one with any info would be great thanks guys

2. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

You're kind of instigating a fight between the Blizzard and Western brand loyal guys.:realmad:

I would post this in the western plow section as well, if you want a both sides.

PS. Let's see how long before a plow rep from a all together different brand jumps in?:dizzy:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  3. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Whats that have to do with Boss?:dizzy:

4. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Nothing....losing it:dizzy:

5. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Plowed with both. Used a wideout most of the winter. Rides up over the piles. Climbs the piles without hitting the control. Doesn't clean as well as the 810. Would run the XLS over the Wideout but run the 810 over either one of them.

J

6. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

blizzard/fisher/western in that order is what i have heard so far as far as quality

although all three companys are the same... its like ford/lincon/mercury...same cars different package...give fisher and western a few years until the plow really comes into its own blizzard has been at it for a long time.

7. lubricity

lubricity Member

We used one this past year. Considering the problems with our new Blizzard. We will be switching to the Western over the next couple years.
    Brand loyality! We buy what gets the job done, works, and also has support.
    I have expressed my opinion about Blizzard here on other threads. They do move snow nicely.