1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking of selling my duramax

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Jewell1386, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

I have a 2001 extended cab duramax with 309,000 on the clock. I baught it a couple months ago with plans to put my 3 shovelers and a driver in it. The guys are complaining it is just not big enough for them and all there winter gear. So I am looking at purchasing a crew cab. Looking to feel out the market for this thing before I jump off and buy a CC and have this truck sitting around. Thinking of asking 10,500 it will include the 8'6" unimount or a 7'6" which ever someone prefers.
  2. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Not sure about the market near you but that's a 4500 truck with a clean body and frame around here. 6 if the plow is really nice. Not trying to bash just giving my input but I'm also not near you. Good luck.
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

10,5,,,,,no way. Not busting your chops man but c'mon. It's an 01 with 309,000 and 14 years old.
  4. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

I live about an hour and a half from Chicago. According to kbb which I just looked up the truck is worth between 7500 and 9500.
  5. dieselss

With how many miles? And at what condition?
    Your not far from me. If it's been a plow truck, the under side is rust.
  6. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

I know it needs new rockers and cab corners which I have new of. Truck has not been plowed with its whole life just the last 4 to 5 years. Previous owner plowed his driveway and about 75 feet of dead end
  7. dieselss

And kbb didn't ask that huh?
  8. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

5 grand tops. 6 with plow. From a guy 6 miles from Chicago
  9. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Put your guys on a diet
  10. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

tell the guys in the front seats to pull them up a bit
  11. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

300k and it's 14 years old. $10,000 really? Not being a jerk but I wouldn't pay anywhere near that but if you can get it by all means go for it
  12. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

for reference, i paid under 8,000 for a 2002 crew cab short box with 270,000 miles almost 5 years ago. It was not rusty either, and albeit rough paint, it was original. 4 years ago a truck like that would have gone for 8-10 thousand, but not today.
  13. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Ever thought of buying a cargo van ??? Plenty of seating...plenty of room for blowers inside.

I know wet wet but build a wood or a mat to catch the snow and you are good.

Just thinking out loud....always wanted to make a set up like this and let a crew go job to job