1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking of purchasing this 2005 2500HD with 9ft western

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by TwoBrosLawn, Dec 31, 2009.

1. TwoBrosLawn

TwoBrosLawn Member
    from 53223

Its a 2005 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 with a 9 foot western straight blade, 86,000 mi full power
    it had a small belt squeel check engine light and could use tires.....runs and drives great very cean in and out....asking price $17,990 from a small local lot i was thinking of negotiating down to $16,000. any thoughts let me know what you guys think.

2. TwoBrosLawn

TwoBrosLawn Member
    from 53223

3. TwoBrosLawn

TwoBrosLawn Member
    from 53223

4. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

Looks like an average deal. There are worse and better out there but if you need it now I would say its OK. I would make sure it has the plow prep package on it. It looks to be sitting a little low in the front to me.
  5. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Looks like a nice truck, looks clean, if its at a dealer then make the dealer fix the belt squeal and check and fix the reason the Check engine light is on. Then go for it.
  6. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

It's funny because it's at a small lot across the street from a Chevy dealer (you can see there sign in the background) & 1/4 mile away from a GMC & Western dealer.

I would tend to agree though to have them look into the check engine light. I'd be suprised that they would knowingly sell something that had the light on.
  7. maxximus98

maxximus98 Member

I have an 08 silverado 2500 hd with a plow prep package I love it plenty of power!!! only thing is you will have to put the chevy leveling kit on at very least!! I had to do this because it would scrape when going over any kind of bump!!
  8. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

Not a bad looking truck at all! Get them down to 15 if you can!!!! lol
  9. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

They probably bought it from the Chevy dealer. It was probably traded in on a new truck then sold wholesale to the used car dealer across the street, they do it all the time. Try to knock him down $1500.
  10. TwoBrosLawn

TwoBrosLawn Member
    from 53223

Haha 15000 would be nice but I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen. Your correct on the chevy dealership arcoss the street weather it was there for service or they bought it from there idk. How much was the leveling kit? What u guys think of airbags in the rear because I'm hauling a pallet of salt?
  11. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

I'd be surprised if they paid more than 14K for that truck since it has known issues and bald tires. 15K cash dropped on their desk would probably close the deal, but make sure you know WHY the check engine light is on first! Most engine light problems are easy and cheap to fix, but there are a few that would be a deal breaker. Consider the bald tires a benefit in this case because it lets you choose the best tires for your intended use rather than settling for whatever cheap crap they throw on to sell a vehicle. Today is probably the best day of the entire year to be buying a vehicle thanks to end-of-year closeouts.
  12. TwoBrosLawn

TwoBrosLawn Member
    from 53223

I'm going on saturday to buy it all good from the bank
  13. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

15 range would be where the good deal is! Shoot for that, but looks to be a nice truck.
  14. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

14K is the most I would pay. It has 86K miles on it and it has been plowed with. They will try to up sell it since it has a plow, but that brings the value down in my opinion. Tell them what you will pay and if they dont take it walk away. They may call you back later on.
  15. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

love mine but id go for 15