1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking of New Led Strobe Bar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by groundup, Oct 24, 2010.

1. groundup

groundup Junior Member
    from 03820

I want a full size strobe with gen III leds and take downs. But as always budget is very small. Been looking at cheep bars but not hella cheap....Need to be able to make the trip to my door....lol

I cant believe no on posted on this Brand:

http://www.ledoutfitters.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=92

Not even one "don't buy this Chinese crap" lol. I don't know where it is made...but 5 year warranty. Saber....seen the name around but not sure where it fits in.

2. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

FYI, a majority of Hella equipment is either Federal Signal or Whelen with the Hella logo on it.

3. groundup

groundup Junior Member
    from 03820

I was using the word hella as slang.....i guess poor choice of word for me...lol. i did not even think about that. but i did look at whelen, federal, sound off, and tomar....all just out of my price range. Tomar was the closest to my budget. but was just looking for info on the bar in my link if anyone knows?

4. Sno What

Sno What Member
    from CT

Gotta love this quote from that page:

This item is often copied but not duplicated. BEWARE OF IMITATIONS!

Pretty bold statement for a brand I've never heard of...

5. groundup

groundup Junior Member
    from 03820

Yeah....that is kinda funny. Who duplicated it? anyway....i ordered one so i will see what its all about when it gets here. i figured what the hell....i have no problem ordering $100 worth of Chinese food so why not.

6. accipiter12

accipiter12 Senior Member

Haha, yeah especially since the LED's look strikingly similar to Whelen's linear technology in their liberty light bars and LIN 6's modules etc.

7. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

I wish you the best of luck with this, but I don't have great expectations. These type of copycat products are very low quality. There is a reason the prices are so cheap. They use low quality components starting with the circuit boards and surface mount devices. A warranty is great for an occasional failure, but if you have to constantly replace parts, is the bar really worth the savings?

Please keep us updated. I am interested in your experience with this brand.

8. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Hey John! Insee your back on!

9. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Any updates on the bar?

10. superiorllc

superiorllc Junior Member

led outfitters

My fire dept has a ton of these lights and they have been holding up fine some are over five years old. They have been buying them for all the volunteers on the dept for there vehicels mine is good its 2 years old now

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  11. groundup

groundup Junior Member
    from 03820

Yeah I did get the bar and install it. It is very bright day and night. 2 things i have noticed. The end caps or whatever are plastic. Not sure how that will hold up or how they are attached. i just made sure i did not handle it from the ends. Also sometimes the control box did not match what the bar was doing. Like shutting off the take downs and they are still on. It only happen to me 2 times and was able to be reset by killing the power and starting again. maybe i was just flipping too many switches at a time?

I also dont have it hard wired yet and only hooked up through the lighter adapter. 9 amp inline fuse and lighter adapter is 20amp. However, with the strobes going and take downs on it looks like the take downs are flashing a little with the strobes. this did not happen hooked rite to the battery. So maybe there is a grounding issue? So i will be going right to the battery when i get a chance.

12. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Well I got tired of searching craigslist and ebay for a lightbar so I ordered one of these as well. Hopefully it works out. If you have this post some pics of it on your truck.