1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking of joining SIMA

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Workaholic, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Workaholic

Workaholic Member

Looking at possibly joining SIMA and I would like to know why they have different price categories for different size businesses.

They have got $180 for $0-$250,000
    and its goes up and up...

Do the Big boys that are in the millions of revenue and pay a bigger membership fee have access to more top secret information??

Any one know what thats all about?

Thanks

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

The secret info is when you go to the symposium every year and talk to different people.

Use my as a referral Grandview and get 50 bucks off your membership
    www.sima.org

3. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

Why? What do they offer?

4. grandview

Training ,mentoring different points of views on your business.

5. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Believe it or not the I have found most often the snack & chats the most educational & informative at the symposium. The networking with other contractors from other markets is important, the rest if the stuff as Grandview said is great. You'll ussally find a few things new at the trade show too.

6. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I am now a category 3 member, moved up from a category 2 a few years back. There are no more perks, or extra services to gain from moving up in catagories. All the info available in SIMA is accessible to any member no matter what category they belong in. Our company has been around 52 years now, and we still take away new ideas, and better ways to improve our business. Its a worthwhile investment, at a minimal cost for your business.

7. Elwer Lawn Care

Elwer Lawn Care PlowSite.com Addict

I just joined last weekend, being new to doing commercial properties it really helped me out with a few bids that I just put in last week. I was unsure of joining at first untill I talked to some SIMA represantatives at the gie expo last weekend. It was well worth it for me so far.

8. grandview

Of course you used me as a referral!

9. Elwer Lawn Care

Elwer Lawn Care PlowSite.com Addict

Actually, I used Brock (Born2farm on here) as he has helped me through some situations in the past.

10. grandview

How am I going to win the trip next year that is 5 miles from my house!

11. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

5 Miles Grandview? Does that mean we can crash at your place? I've seen what you can cook, sooooo my order is roast beef.

Bossman