1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

thinking of inverted

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by howden86, Nov 16, 2014.

1. howden86

howden86 Junior Member

I run a small lawn mowing business and fruit farm. Currently I do not plow in the winter. My question is I live in a 97 home subdivision. 17 homes are plowed the rest use snowblowers and the home owners does it. I have a Massey Ferguson 2 wheel drive tractor with cab I use on the farm. It is 105 horsepower. One of the question I have is what You all think of an inverted blower on a 2 wheel drive tractor or if you have experience with one.

2. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

Won't work good. Need 4wd

3. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Not entirely true. Depends on the operator also. You'll be better off with 4 wheel drive, but can you do it in a 2 wheel drive? Yes.

Just like a 4 wheel drive pickup is recommended, but a two wheel drive pickup CAN plow snow. You just have some restrictions, and take a little longer with more care.

4. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

With the hills in traverse city and I'm betting you have ag tires on it I would not want to be in a 2wd tractor. Trade it in on a 4wd

5. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

If you have hills where your doing this I agree.

6. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

With all the hills in the TC area, i would give serious consideration to some Nokian Snow tires on a 4wd tractor before blowing with one. The ag tires on my NH work "ok" going forward and backwards, but they don't climb hills real well. And if you get on an off camber hill or road, be ready to slide sideways, with no warning.

7. Neige

Neige Sponsor

The only way it will work is with tire chains. We ran chains on all our two wheel tractors before converting to 4 wheel.