1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking of growing bigger

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by mgt379, Jan 17, 2009.

1. mgt379

mgt379 Junior Member
    from CT

For the past two seasons I have been using a Snow blower and when local a Ford tractor with a snowplow on it. I am thinking of expanding and speeding the process up a bit but I have a couple of question
    1 What do you guys think about making the price climb or fall for the amount of snow you get Here in CT you could get 2 inches or a foot. I know a couple people that operate this way but it seems to me that a customer would have the chance to argue the amount of snow you are charging them for
    2 Would it be a good idea to put a time on when you would plow in the contract like with 12 hours of the storm ending or within 24 hours of the storm ending to much time? not enough?
    3 Where can i find a mount for a 1995 ford bronco i want maybe a 7.5 blade but i want to keep it light but strong enough not to break every storm.

Thanks guys for your help I really appreciate it:waving:

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

How about you try the search function and then we'll talk.

3. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Ouch JD Dave,

were you woke up by load pipes( exhuast ) today . LOL

4. mgt379

mgt379 Junior Member
    from CT

About what question
    I only found to hits on the bronco and how do i search the contact question?

5. carl b

from Ohio

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That's funny, no I'm in good humour but I see so many of these open ended questions and I think 10 hours spent using the search function and a lot of reading might give him the answers he's looking for. If he wants a Bronco mount that's a good question.? BTW it was a crying baby that woke me up, I was hoping for snow.:drinkup:

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Here start here for pricing. http://www.plowsite.com/search.php?searchid=1221368 When using the search function break your question into different parts, a couple words or try and think of differnet ways of saying it. There's tons of info out there and you'll more then on this one thread. JMO

8. carl b

from Ohio

ya I fix my truck with the search here. may be they need to make it BIGGER or RED

9. mgt379

mgt379 Junior Member
    from CT

thanks looks like i can use an f150 mount at least that's what i can gather i guess i will make it a flat rate with either pay per storm or per month

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry if I came on strong but there really is alot to learn by using the search feature.:drinkup:

11. mgt379

mgt379 Junior Member
    from CT

no worries iam glad you answered