1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking of getting an ATV to plow -

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by morrisj2, Aug 19, 2014.

1. morrisj2

morrisj2 Member
    from Toronto

I currently have a truck i plow with and plan on keeping it. I am looking at getting another truck but am also considering an ATV.

I am curious as to what the disadvantages and advantages are to using an ATV?

<a herf="www.jmlamdscaping.ca">JM Landscaping</a>
  2. DeSnowman

DeSnowman Member

I have three trucks for the roadways and use an ATV Yamaha Big Bear 400 with plow for sidewalks and driveways, getting a second one this year.
  3. mikeyd915

mikeyd915 Junior Member

You should get a big bore ATV. 600cc and bigger. Bigger the better. Depending what you want it for, you don't need to get the biggest blade. Typical blade range from 48" to 72". A smaller blade is easier to maneuver on side walks and driveways. You should look at dealerships and online for ATV with winch/plows package. I purchases a 2005 Polaris Sportsman 800 for around $4,500.

Advantage: Fun, fast, effective. Plus, you have it for off-season riding/work.

Disadvantage: Can't find any.

Pics from 6-18-14 025.JPG

Pics from 6-18-14 022.JPG