1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking of getting an 8.2 Boss. V. How much did you pay for yours?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Pcupo12, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Pcupo12

Pcupo12 Junior Member

I have a 99 F250 with the 7.3 diesel. We already added leaf springs to the front because of the weight of the motor. We have a few parking lots, but want more. Right now we have an old meyers with the E47, and im just tired of it breaking down. The hydro lines freeze, leak, blade has holes, overall crap. I just took another small parking lot and want to get more, but I need a plow I can rely on.
    I was thinking about getting a boss XT V Plow, the 8.2 inch model. I was wondering what everyone is paying for them, and what problems youre having with them. Im in Central NJ. We do some residential driveways, but not until our parking lots are done. I would prefer just lots for the future. Thanks!

2. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

i paid 4900 out the door and did the install myself.

3. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

I have 2 of the 8's" v-plows, paid mid 5's for them installed, love them, got a 3rd on for my dump last year, but a 9'2", won't ever go back to western after owning the boss v's, only problem we ever had was having to replace the $30.00 pivot pin in 2 of them, other than that, no problems at all, we plow alot of accounts, and have to replace the cutting edges on one after 3 years, but it pushed alot of snow during that time

4. downtoearthnh

downtoearthnh Senior Member

I bought mine last winter and paid just over 4K installed. My only observation would be to make sure to get a joystick controller. There is no turning back once you have a V with the joystick. I have 3 diamond straight 8 foot blades and the boss V, and my guys are nothing but envious.

5. newhere

from Fenton

i hate the joystick, i find it to big and my thumb has to really stretch to reach the top bottons. i wedge it in the seat not and just leave it their and use my fingers to hit them.

i wear a size 14 boot and stand at 6' 2" so shut the f up if you are thinking about telling me to eat my Wheaties

6. downtoearthnh

You are not using the joystick, you are using the hand held controller. The joystick has a single toggle for up/down and the controls for the wings on the plow are from a single rotating stick. I am not sure what your shoe size has to do with this? LOL

7. Premier

Premier Senior Member

just picked up a 9.2 V-xt w/ snow deflector and smart locks, was about 6000 installed.

8. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Call Equipment Specialities they advertise on here and they'll hook you up we got our newest from them about 3 weeks ago, reasonable shipping and over a $1K cheaper then local!

9. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Yea, we still have plenty in stock give me a yell if your interested

10. newhere

from Fenton

I know its kinda shaty of me but I made my local guy match that price. I felt it was in the best interest for the both of us. If jim can make money at that price then so can he. That way when I need service or parts I at least bought it from them. And jim they were not happy with your prices, in fact they wanted youre phone number and had more then one four letter word to say to you. I felt great ab out the purchase :)

11. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

my ******* dealer wouldnt match the price of jims. i had a dealer hang up on me when i asked for him to match it. i had another dealer accuse jim of stealing the blades. one told me not to insult him with that price. said he couldnt even come close to buying a new one for that price.

12. Boogerman2000

Boogerman2000 Junior Member

I bought a Chevy Cheyanne Crew Cab 3500 with a 7.4l 454 with a boss rapid tach II V plow for 9,000. The truck has 90,000 miles on it. It was a Baltimore Md public works truck and the plow looks like it is almost brand new......It is a beast.....Joystick controller.

13. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Well, sorry about the problems guys, but let me say that Al, our owner has been asking all of the manufacturers for YEARS now to have MAP pricing...with no avail from them. We have lost local business to websites for a couple of years....and some are guys selling blades out of they're back yard...no over head like we have. So this year he decided to jump into the game...big time. There is money to be made by everyone, but if ebay sellers with no overhead take your local business by giving the stuff away what are you to do? Let em do it or fight em? We are 100% for minimum advertised pricing have been and always will be, till that happens we gotta do what we gotta do, the preseason payments come due if the blades are sold or not. If your dealer wants to call, give him our number, but they would be better served complaining to Boss, not us. If minimum pricing was set up then everyone would be happy :)

14. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I was just quoted $6400 for a new 8 1/2' V installed.
    It was $400 higher because the dealer had to order it.

15. Bigcat99

Bigcat99 Senior Member

A BRAND NEW 8.2 VXT INSTALLED for just over 4,000 dollars? Is that place still in business? If so, can you PM me their info???

16. downtoearthnh

OOPs, a bit more than $4K

The memory is the first thing to go. It was actually $4600 for the plow and upgraded lights and $250 for the install. Sorry to get the juices flowing!

17. Pcupo12

Pcupo12 Junior Member

I wanted to go with Jim, but I dont want to do the installation, and the shop charges more to install if you bring your own stuff. I got a standard Boss V plow, 8.2. Installed out the door for 5200.

18. Richcarey60

Richcarey60 Junior Member
    from 02048

Equipment selection

Looking on purchasing a V Plow, what do you guys think of the Boss V vs The Fisher V?
    Mounting on a 2001 F150 7700 series the light F250 that has never plowed but has plow package.

19. Pcupo12

Pcupo12 Junior Member

^Ive been plowing with an old meyer straight blade for a few years. I heard the boss V was the best, so I got one. I am so tired of dealing with plow problems I got the one with the best reviews. No chain and fast hydros are what got me, plus the 2 year warrenty. I dont know about using an F150 to plow though, sometimes I wish my 250 were bigger. The F150 is a great truck, but I wouldnt do too much heavy plowing with it.

20. Richcarey60

Richcarey60 Junior Member
    from 02048

Thanks, My truck is the F150 7700 package w 4150lb front end, spoke w a distributor and he said the truck would handle it (per Ford recommendations), thinking of the Poly XT was quoted $5400. installed