1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

thinking of getting a 07 cc Duramax

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by HotRod55, Mar 7, 2010.

1. HotRod55

HotRod55 Junior Member

Im thinking of getting a 2007 Duramax calssic and useing it as my plow truck. I have a 1/2 ton truck now with a western HTS and i was thinking of getting rid of it for a V plow for the 3/4 ton. Im wondering how many of you guys on here use a crew cab Duramax for plowing? And if any of you use a V plow? Also how does the front end hold up on the DM? Does it need to be beefed up?
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Love mine, just cranked my t-bars and was all set. I have an 8.5" fisher HD on it now but wouldn't hesitate for a second to put a 9.5XV (with timbrens at that point). You will love plowing in that truck!
  3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Mine's an EC but your's will be fine.I have a very heavy 9-2 Boss V.I put Airlift bumpers in the front after turning my bars 4 clicks,Airlift airbags in the rear for the ballast of my salter.Best plow truck I've ever owned--go for it.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

My plows aren't as heavy as a V but I haven't had any issues. The 06' did need a pass side hub bearing about a month or so ago at 59k. Hopefully just a fluke.
  5. SawHoss

SawHoss Member

Have an 06 D/A CCSB with a Boss 8' poly with wings. Torsion bars are cranked up, no timbrens, handles the plow fine,welded in frame gussets,no problems at all! 68,000 miles.
  6. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

5 turns on T- bars , timbrens, alignment . I run a heavy Blizzard 810.
    4 yrs now and no problems
  7. marylandbigb

marylandbigb Member

07 classic duramax allison ccsb 8'2" boss v plow torsion keys and 285's handles the plow great go for it!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. HotRod55

HotRod55 Junior Member

Thanks for the input everyone, now i just gotta get the wifes ok lol
  9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Add me to the list, I've had 3 CC's with MVP's. My current 05 has nearly 200k on it.
  10. bosman

bosman Senior Member

'07 classic duramax ccsb, great truck, you won't be disappointed.
  11. SawHoss

SawHoss Member

Try to find the same color truck. She may not even notice! Well it's just a thought. I've always found the best things, when I really wasn't looking.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Sometimes it's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission;)
  13. HotRod55

HotRod55 Junior Member

Well with her being pregnant with our first child I dont think me just showing up at home with a new truck is a good idea. lol
  14. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

well if you hide ot for 5 days then you cant take it back:nod: