1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

thinking of buying a snow dogg

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by jdknight75, Oct 13, 2009.

1. jdknight75

jdknight75 Senior Member

Let's here it guys all the pros and cons of a dogg.want a boss but can get a snow dogg about 1000 cheaper. Are they worth the price difference
  2. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Every single Dnow Dogg plow is at least a grand cheaper than any comporable other plows, not to mention the fact tha they're stainless steel which is more expensive than non-stainless. I can't say much about the quality as I've never had one or heard many reviews about them. But if I was going to get a new plow that wasn't a "scoop plow", I'd definitely consider one. If it's new it's got a warrantee, so I'd give it a shot.
  3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I have the 8ft EX plow. Havent used it yet since it is new, but I recommend it. They are designed just as tough as the comparable Boss and Westerns I was looking at and much cheaper (price wise). Buyers does an excellent job of standing behind their products as well. And they are easy to get ahold of, and you wont have to talk to Apu in India first, lol. What kind of truck you putting the plow on?
  4. jdknight75

jdknight75 Senior Member

IT going on a 2002 GMC 2500 hd with a 8.1 liter
  5. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I have an EX90 with Snow Dogg wings.

I bought this unit because this plow compares more to a Boss 9ftXT series. And set up with wings costs less than a Boss 7.6 poly with out wings. I bought both of these plows less than a month ago. I also have 4 other Boss 8 and 7.6 polys with wings as well

I looked at the Buyers at the SIMA show, and was quite impressed with the over all build and quality. But the wings and price are what sold me. I have used boss plows for years now, and get tired of paying out the nose for them. But still love the quality

6. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

I have a md68 on a jeep; trips a bit to easy...great parking lot plow for end of storm
  7. plow_dude

plow_dude Junior Member

Hello All,

My concerns are the same. I'm looking at an MD 75 for a 2001 jeep wrangler and the snow dogg is 1000 less than a boss. Is this too good to be true?

Also, the mold board skin on an MD75 is 0.060 (1/16th on an inch) is this too thin?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  8. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

The skin is actually .075" - I've got to get the literature fixed.

That said, nobody has ever perforated the skin - the strength is all in the weldment.

9. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I'm buying a Dogg this winter. A guy that I plow with has a 7.5 on his 2500hd, the only thing he had an issue with was the cutting edge was a little to thin but Snow Dogg stepped up and gave him a thicker one. Gotta love a company that stands behind what they build, plus they look great. I have compared them to Western and Boss and can't find a reason to spend more.
  10. ferio82

ferio82 Junior Member

i too am in the same predicament. i have been doing research left and right comparing v plow models models for my chevy 3500 such as boss , hiniker, western, fisher. Today coincidentally i went in to truckoutfitters to price a 6-8" for a blazer and saw their v plows. Gotta say not a bad looking plow, and the price just blew my socks off, way cheaper than the competitors and the stainless steel is a plus. i have to look into them a little more but i think snow dogg v is the route im taking.
  11. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I have a sub that just got a EX 90 ( if thats what the heavy duty 9fter is called?) for his 3500 dump....any way, he brought it up to my shop last night and dropped it inside with my other plows (meyer,western,daniels), so I had a good opportunity to really compare how its built to the others. This plow looks awsome & looks very well built/heavy duty....and the price he paid was really good. My only complaint about it so far, is the way you hook-up & un-hook from the plow & the whole jack stand deal....other than that, I liked it and wouldn't mind having one of my own.
  12. plowboy13032

plowboy13032 Junior Member
    from CNY

comparing " V " plows only *******

hi all, we do alota plown in the northeast and im lookn 2 buy another V plow. All my plows are hiniker but the snow dogg vx plow has me interested. My only concern is its heavy-dutiness, does anyone have comparison notes they could give me? thanx
  13. tommy1504

tommy1504 Junior Member

I'm thinking of getting the ex80 for my 2500hd. Anyone know a good starting point as far as pricing for a new unit and install?

THUNDERBOLT Junior Member

Mine was $4100 including mounting:D
  15. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

I am about to jump on the SnowDogg band wagon and pick one up very soon for my 09 f250. I was trying to decide between the vx85 nad the ex80. ESI Trucks has the vx for a very cheep price, and I guess I could drive a couple hundred miles to pick it up, but is the "V" really worth the trouble?
  16. tommy1504

tommy1504 Junior Member

Thanks, t-bolt. That sounds like a good price. i was quoted 3800 for the hd7.5, but i think i should go with the ex. should be a bit stronger.wesport
  17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

18. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

Cheaper yes better or as good not sure. Our local school dist got one last year plowed with it a couple time and had problems with the lift cyl. Not sure what model but was on a 3500 dump. They ended up removing it and put the old plow back on. The plow sat at the dealers lot for the rest of the season. They got it back about a month ago and are going to mount it on another truck this year. Being a school dist. purchase it was discussed and the two new trucks purchased this year will not have that brand plow.