1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking of buying a Sno-way 26 Series (Good/Bad Feedback Wanted)

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Plow Newb, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Plow Newb

Plow Newb Junior Member
    from Toronto

How's it going,

I'm considering buying a Sno-Way 26 Series with down-pressure for my '06 Ram 1500.

Anyone with previous experiences with this plow, good or bad, please tell me whether you think I should or should not buy this plow and why.

I like the Sno-Way for the lightweight, wireless remote and down pressure features.

I'm wondering:
    Are there any problems that occur with the wireless remotes?
    Does the down-pressure feature cause extra wear and tear on the vehicle?
    Does having a chainless lift system cause any issues?
    etc...

Thanks in advance for your responses...

2. ShueNCL

ShueNCL Junior Member

I have a 26 series on my 04 ram and have had no problems. as far as I know the down pressure does not hurt the truck in any way. I dont know any thing about the wireless remote as i have mine wired. hope this helps

3. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

26?

I have a 26 series on my 08 F-150, It has DP which I love and have no problems with the vehicle, I also have the wireless, which I also like . With the wireless you have to make sure that you carry extra batteries at all times for the control, and depending on your area, you might run into places that have a lot of wireless radio stuff, Mc Donalds drive thru etc. that can cause things to not work properly. not a big issue but something to think about. The no-chain feature is nice for running around from job to job and not having chain-slap when ever you go over a bump or big dip. All in all it is a well built plow. You will have great support from a lot of knowledgeable people on this site that will help you thru most any troubles that you might encounter while owning this unit.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

The DP is great and won't hurt the truck.
    Carry extra batteries for the remote.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Direct lift is nice, even with out the down pressure. Use it, you will see.

6. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Great plow, DP is priceless, I stayed away from the wireless as there were too many interference complaints in my area (banks, drive-thru's, etc.). Biggest piece of the pie is dealer support. Make sure you have a solid dealer to fall back on just in case.

7. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Make sure the controler is not wireless. The wireless controlers have a second or two delay in them, making it hard to develop a rythm while stacking snow. That was my only complaint!!!! Plowed great looked small on the truck tho....

8. BayStateGlenn

BayStateGlenn Member

The new wireless remotes have a rechargable batterie (like a cellphone).
    It also comes with a 12v adaptor cord to plug in to charge it (like a cellphone).... or use it plugged in if you kill the batterie plowing all night.

The new controll also have 3 macros that can be programed to remember any plow function.
    ... so if you do a huge parking lot, you can just push button "A" for a up / angle left function to raise and center the plow at the end of a run... then push "B" for angle right/down to start a new run.

It also incorperates buttons for future use to controll a spreader.

I've yet to use one but it seems pretty cool.

9. palmtree907

palmtree907 Member

Just had a new 26 installed on my 1997 F250 LD. It seems very responsive, but the teeny tiny joystic sucks. It's big enough for just my thumb. My dealer swears the new technology in the remote eliminates interference. He also said if I dont like the new remote, come back and he'll swap everything over to the old style jostick. Why did they do this? Gimme somethin to GRAB! I hope they redesign and repackage the controller quickly.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They are very proud of that overly complicated control. eight of the fifteen buttons have no purpose for you 26 series..

They claim that they are for future use, but we've heard that before. The last control had a extra button too. We were told for years it was for an aux function but they never made it do anything.