1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

thinking of buying a new plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fireboy6413, Aug 28, 2009.

1. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

Im thinking of buying a new plow, currently I have the western pro plus 8 1/2. Plow has some use to is so now I am looking into the boss, what do you think. I have an 04 f250 crew cab short bed diesel

2. D DRUMS LLC

D DRUMS LLC Junior Member

fisher x blade

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

One better. Fisher 9.5 Extreme V SS! REAL NICE:D

4. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Atleast upgrade to a V of some sort. Or a mechanical wing plow like the Western wide-out. To me, the considerations were cost, dealer support, cab controls, trip style, hydraulics speed, lift style (Chain or direct). Listed in order by importance to ME personally. I chose a used '08 Boss 9'2" V-XT with smartlocks based on the good deal and local support. But it was definitely a compromise to not have a trip edge and chain lift like that of the Western MVP and Fisher.

5. fireboy6413

Yeh I do all my installs my self, I was looking at the x blade, but to me I think its just a high end plow, kinda like stainless steel appliances. I'm thinking buying a new western or going with the boss. Around me I have a lot of westerns, so I look at it as if I have the one plow that don't fit every truck around then mine will stay in my driveway. I already had one stolen from me last year

6. D DRUMS LLC

D DRUMS LLC Junior Member

i have had just about every plow out there. so i tried the x blade 9' on my 07- 2500 hd. it is taller then most plows. and it moves crap load of snow. was at a show this wk.and got som lit. on the snowway revoluntionl www.snoway.com very interesting maybe my next plow.has down pressure, wireless control,interruption system,and wing system. any one have one. would like your input. thanks

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  7. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Neat concept, poor execution. They were rushed to market untested, and the first year buyers ended up being guinea pigs. Wait until they have the bugs worked out... ;)

8. fireboy6413

yeh I looked at that plow, pretty neat