1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking of buying a new Daniels Pull??????

Discussion in 'Daniels Plows Discussion' started by johnnysnok, Jan 6, 2010.

1. johnnysnok

johnnysnok Member

I am very close to pulling the trigger on a new Daniles pull plow. Has anyone hooked up the 2009 model which is supose to be very easy. no ear tabs to weld? Just looking for a little input from someone who has done it and to get a little information on how you ran your wires.
    I will put it on a Ford F-150.

Thanks

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

for the wiring, I would suggest simply getting under there and running it the shortest safest routing possible & zip tying it well. we put ours on a blazer and came along the underside of the truck straight through the floor up into the center console, and fastening it where your hand rests comfortably operating it.

I/we did not like the "hook & strap" (as i would call it). It does not seem sturdy enough or safe IMO. On top of that, its more of a PITA to hook & unhook from the truck. We opted to weld the ears on. The plow has performed flawlessly, and has been a wise investment for us. FWIW, I got mine from John aka "Garagekeeper", he is on my friends list with contact info in his profile (calling him would be best). He is a top notch guy and was great to deal with.

3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Well did you buy it? Put up a picture if so.

4. johnnysnok

johnnysnok Member

No i did not purchase it.

5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

did you contact John about them?

6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

What happened?

7. gvm

gvm Member

hey johnnysnok: I took over for John. Call me if you want to get a unit for your truck. Thanks, Gary at Daniels Plows.

8. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

I purchased a new model this summer, I ran my wiring along the frame zip tied it and ran the control wiring thru firewall, I put this on a 07 Ram 2500 quad cab w/ 8' box the wiring was plenty long. I have not had the chance yet to use mine on snow but looking forward I have heard alot of good reports so I hope it lives up to my expectations

9. gvm

gvm Member

I believe I saw the pic of your truck. Nice set up, looks ready! Post some storm pics when you put the plow to work. Those are the pictures that seperate brand from brand. Let it snow!!

10. gvm

gvm Member

let it snow!!!