1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking of a used meyer

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Bill1090, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Bill1090

Bill1090 PlowSite Veteran

I see on craigslist there is a meyer vinyl snowplow for $700. It came off a F150. Id like to put it on my Chevy 1500. I dont know if it would be worth getting this one and spending money to get everything to switch or to keep looking. I was wondering if anyone has info on this plow. It says its missinng the controler and maybe some mounting brackets.

meyer plow.jpg

meyer plow 2.jpg

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If that is all you have you'll need.

mount
    Controller harness
    night saber light kit
    headlight adapters
    power cable
    battery cable
    ground cable
    12 volt motor soleniod
    controller

You could get by with headlight module kit for your lights and rig the connectors but if the truck is of this century, I get the upgrade lights.

3. Bill1090

Bill1090 PlowSite Veteran

Would that meyer hold up alright for some smaller driveways and small lots or is that like the homeowner edition? Im really now familer with meyers at all. Now its just deciding between that and now I found a 7 1/2 western pro uni with everthing to fit my truck for $1800 so Im kinda leaning towards a western.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

So would I.:nod: