1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking of a 9 footer on my 05 duramax

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Brandon29, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Im thinking about installing a 9 foot western pro plus plow on my 2005 k2500 chevy ext cab short box. Good idea?
  2. tractorbill

tractorbill Member

Not a recommended application by Western. The problem would be when angled keeping it off the ground. I have done 8ft pro plus with wings on these trucks before with great success. Good luck
  3. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

I think an 8 + wings is a better choice. Maybe an 8.5 V?
  4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I have had a 9 footer on my 2003 Extended Cab with Duramax and I have one on my 2007 Crew Cab with Duramax I even run my wings on this truck. My 2000 dump truck with the 6.5L Diesel sports and 9 footer also. Got a buddy with an 03 Crew Cab Dually with Duramax with a 9 footer.

It is fine. Been doin it your years and no problems.
  5. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Any of the trucks 2500hd's? Do they get good enough traction pushing that much snow? I plan on putting the western wings on it too. Not sure if I will be able to go down the road with them on or not. Do you do anything to the front end? I have leveling keys on mine, think it will cause a problem?

Sorry so many questions just dont want to spend the money on something thats not going to work for me lol
  6. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Not a problem, keep asking, I will keep answering