1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

thinking i got ready for nothing

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mike33087, Dec 3, 2006.

1. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

whatever its good practice i guess LOL

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  2. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Looks great. I have the exact same setup here, except I have the Duramax/Allison and my plow is 2 years old. You may have gotten prepared for nothing, but it's better than what I did (nothing, didn't even throw the ballast in the bed). I am not anticipating anything here in RI. ;)

3. turfs up

turfs up Junior Member

No salt?

Why do I see sooo many of you guys, (Especially up North.) NOT using salters? Guy's around here ALL have salters hanging off the back, (Mainly reciever mount.)

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Mike, great looking set up. Anticipation sucks when you never know what the deal is with these damn noreasters.
    I can answer for myself and a few other guys i know...its simply not needed for residentials when you can just spread it by hand in 2minutes and like me with only a couple commercial lots its more cost effective to sub a buddy out to salt as opposed to spending 3-4+ grand on a salter.

5. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

yea

I can answer for myself and a few other guys i know...its simply not needed for residentials when you can just spread it by hand in 2minutes and like me with only a couple commercial lots its more cost effective to sub a buddy out to salt as opposed to spending 3-4+ grand on a salter.[/QUOTE]

exactly, i let my uncle sub my commercial account with his 06 f350 dump, i just dont want the liability right now. and like boss said u dont need it for resi's, if it gets that bad i throw down a few hand fuls and its good enough

6. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Also, sometimes your accounts do not call for sand or salt. All of my accounts are for snow removal only, there is no ice control at all.

7. turfs up

turfs up Junior Member

Huh,
    I live in Richmond, KY., South of Lexington. We have 5 banks and a Dr. office for commercial and they are all freaks about salt, (I can understand...liability.) but pretty much EVERYONE here does salt themselves, (Instead of subing it out.) A 600lb salter runs about $1,500. and a reciever mount is less.
    Now we also have 14 residential accounts and I bought a plow for one of our zero turn mowers. With our residential accounts, your right; none of them want salt.
    I was just suprised at the amount of pics I have seen of guys with some really good looking equipment, (In areas where you do get a lot of snow.) without salters hanging off the back.