1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

thinking HARD of buying this...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 91AK250, Sep 27, 2008.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

a good family friend is moving out of state, he bought this explorer new for his wife in '99. they stay in AZ in the winter so the truck has never seen snow, and sits in a heated garage all the time. she hardly drives and it has 17,036 miles on it! i drove it an OMG its MINT! they removed the drivers running board for her to get in/out easier..but its included.

they want $10k for it, but i think we'll get them down to $9K..I think its well worth it, its a once in a life time kinda thing.

99 limited explorer V8 5.0 AWD every option except air ride and backup sensors. and 17k miles!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Wow that thing sure is nice!!!! At 17k miles, that 302 isnt even broke in yet. I would buy that thing.

3. ACS

ACS Member

That thing is very nice , and like he said that 302 isnt even broken in yet ... It would be hard for me to decide to . I would be like $9K for an SUV or should I buy another pickup truck or piece of equipment? that would be my problem

4. 91AK250

lol well i dont have that problem haha we're looking at it for a replacment for our '97 V8 awd explorer with 94k miles, its in great shape but how can you pass up a deal like this.

idk what we're going to do now, my dad who was gonna buy this is in the hosptial, we didnt know what was wrong with him, he was declared diabetic and was so far gone it could be a week or more before hes out of the hostpial, we dont have insurance so this may blow the money for the truck...we'll see..i'll be sad to not be able to get it..but i dont care solong as my dad is ok... :(

5. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

floors sure look dirty for that little of use.?

6. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

looks good, slap on plow on it and it will look better lol

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

My floors lok much worse then that after 17k. I sweep and wash my floor every 5k or so when there is so much gravel and stuff in there my shoes grind against the floor.

8. 91AK250

yeah its just normal dirt on the floors/under the hood if i didnt keep mine vaccumed and wiped down it would be 100x worse then that every1k miles haha

i detail cars/trucks and i did a '08 escalade the other day with 1,800 miles on it that was much worse then this!

i'll let you guys know what happends with this, he needs to keep it untill the end of october because they are shipping his car down south and need somthing to drive untill then.

9. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

doesn't look all that nice to me......it's only worth about 5k.....sorry

10. 91AK250

lol its dirty, a good detail will make it look better then any other '99 out there. this truck is literly like brand new, drives so and once clean will look so.

11. Jay brown

i'd still offer them 5k since it's ten years old....the SUV's are a dime a dozen these days.....

12. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I dunno, I'd rather stick that $9k in the bank or equipment.......just me though.

13. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I have a'97 XLT with about 120K on and she's still running great. Nice exhaust, a grill gaurd with some KC Daylighters and your all set.

14. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Exactly what I was going to say. There are thousands of them around and all very cheap.

15. 91AK250

yes, explorers are a dime a dozen..but they all have 100k plus miles..are half worn out...this truck is brand new, inside and out ya know you cant expect to pay the same amout of money for a half worn out truck compared to one thats got 17k miles on it....its like classic cars..one that is a survior and has low miles on it is worth much more then a restored car with mis matched numbers..make sense?

16. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

5K Max nice ride but its still a 99. JMO

17. Jay brown

if i were to spend 9k on a car with 17k miles i would buy a 2008 program car (impalla, grand prix, rav 4, etc) instead of a 1999 car....both would have very few miles but at least the program car would have some value if you have to sell it the next day....the exploder on the other hand would be worth half of what you paid.....

18. 91AK250

i dont want a new car, i love second gen explorers thats why we own 5(96,96,97,97,99) of them allready this would be the newest of them all..i dont need a new car, but this is a deal i cant pass up..i would not ever think of selling it i would keep it as long as i'm alive, like my daily driver explorer.

but idk if its going to be a option now, as we have some hefty medical bills that will come in..if they are to much we can swing it.

19. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

look at it this way. if you didnt " find " this truck were you in need of one?? NO. your business isnt going to get any smaller it will grow and then you will be think of 9K in a not so half ton truck when that 9K could have bought you a ok skid steer, New boss v plow, salter, more money on advertising, other things that can make money not lose it. I used to drop tons of money into my 87 IROC Z28. theres over 17 k in it now and im gonna end up putting another paing job on it this winter. i think of all the money i sent on that thing just cause i like that car and it only had 24k on it. you can always halp your business grow with better/new equipment. that explorer inst going to do that for yea. sorry. JMO

20. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

www.kbb.com

with all options in Mint (excellent condition) $7,375 if it has absolutely everything on it.