1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking about Timbrens?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by drh76, Jan 4, 2010.

1. drh76

drh76 Junior Member

People have suggested that I put a set of timbrens on my Chevy 1500 with a 7.5 Fisher. I just had them put on and son of a gun what a difference. The thing rides so much better and smoother. If your on the fence, all I can say is I wish I had done it sooner.
    Thanks to those who suggested these
  2. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I second that
  3. piperpm

piperpm Member

I couldn't agree more!
    Made a huge difference for us, especially with the proper counter weight (salt bags) in the back.
  4. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

3rd that. Made a huge difference on my 96 F250 w/ 8' Fisher MMI. Helps that I have about 800 lbs in the back as well. Alot more stable when turning and rides fairly smooth.
  5. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Only way to go with our 2005 F150 with the 825lb Fisher SS V; my buddy has the exact same set up but has extended cab and he let the dealer talk him into adding the spacer under the factory springs and that works to; but when you take the plow off it is stiff as heck................ Timbrens are the answer on the F150s and a heavy plow. We do have a 100 gal fuel tank in the back of the body with about 700 lbs of fuel for ballast and that works about right with the V...................
  6. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Timbrens make your truck ride smoother???

Hows that work?
  7. drh76

drh76 Junior Member

Before if I went over a speed bump any faster than 5mph my plow would scrape the road. Now it does not.