1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking about some tires

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Troy5061, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Troy5061

Troy5061 Member

Im thinking about replacing the tires on my HD. I have those dinky 245s and im looking at upgrading to either 265s or 285s any thoughts on what I should do? Also im stuck between the BFG All Terrain T/As and the new Goodyear Wrangler Dura Tracs any opinions here?

2. Mike_13

Mike_13 Member

I just had a set of 265 Duratracs put on my truck last week. So far I love them! Still waiting to see how they do in the snow obviously.

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I would go with the BFG's. I have the Goodyear wrangler silent armors on my truck and I hate these damn things. Cant even get one year out of them before needing replaced. And they get rotated every 6k on the dime and I get the alignment checked yearly. Good in the snow yes, but they wear out really fast. I only average about 23,000 a year on my truck. 18-19k miles these tires are pretty heavily worn and I didnt even get to smoke them off to make em this worn, lol. Goodyear will never receive another cent of my hard earned money that is for sure!!!!!

4. Stan

Stan Senior Member

The BFG's out performed all my other trucks in last Decembers blizzard

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Round tubeless pneumatic is the way to go.

BFG ATs are good in the snow, but don't hold a candle to snow tires