1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking about going with the new Salt Dogg

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by JeffNY, Oct 14, 2008.

1. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I've been searching tailgate spreaders for a while now, and it doesn't look like one stands out to be the best. Trying to find a dealer around here isn't easy either, looks like im driving an hour.
    I called a few Boss dealers, and they all recommended that I go with the SaltDogg TGS06 instead, and for half the price.
    I searched on here and only found one thread about it, with not much info.
    Anyone pick one up for this year? Know anything about them?

2. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

i dont have direct experience with the saltdogg but im assuming its the TGSO6 that has the buyers tag on it, probably just different colors. lucky for you that buyers TGSO6 is very poplular here so do a search on that.

plus what makes up a tailgate spreader..... a hopper, a motor, some wires, and a bracket. they are pretty much the same just get one that has some good local support and is in your price range.

3. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

saltdogg = buyers. buyers = saltdogg.

I did a search for "TGS06" and got 2 results. Neither were useful

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Buyers tailgates have a shaky history. They're old technology that work but are maintenance pigs. the TGS06 is a fairly new re-designed product, so the jury's still out. The larger saltdogg poly hoppers have been a solid homerun so far:nod: But the TGS06 is still unproven. Knowing Buyers pricing structure I bet the dealers you talk to make a higher percentage of the TGS then the unit you initially inquired about.

5. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I wish there was that one salter that was just awesome. I don't care what color it is, how much it is, as long as it hooks to my tailgate and will be reliable. I was planning on the SnowEx 1075, but "the new ones are junk" and the company is shady.