1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking about buying a V plow, Controller question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by f250harvest, Nov 30, 2012.

1. f250harvest

f250harvest Member
    from CT

Looking into getting my first Vplow from a guy online and i was wondering if just for transport, Can I use my straight blade controller to lift and lower the blade before I go out and buy a new one?

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Not sure but you can high chain it

3. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

You can mount the plow but you will not have any electrical control, you will need multiplex wiring and controller

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

What about the EZV? Have you ever tried that? I never got around to it with mine.

5. unhcp

EZ V you will need the 9 pin controller harness and controller so basically the same situation

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Cool I figured as much. Bring a jack and high chain it!

7. f250harvest

f250harvest Member
    from CT

Is that truck side wiring or the controller slot under the dash? is the truck side wiring still the same (3 plug) ?

8. unhcp

This refers to only truck side wiring

The ez v wiring is mostly the same, it is a three plug. You will need two things:

1 ez v controller

1 ez V Control harness which will replace your 1 straight blade control harness, the new ez v harness will run both the ez v and a straight blade. You will just need the adaptor to run straight blades.

9. Not that it matters but the EZV control harness is 7 pins I believe.

10. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012