1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking about buying a new "boss'" superduty. Questions:

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snowman4, Mar 19, 2016.

1. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

Hey everyone

So I currently own two F-250 with the 6.2 and one F-550 with the 6.0.
    I'd like to buy myself a crew cab super duty and definitely diesel. I have some questions.

At first I wanted bucket seats.I gave the bucket seats a try today and it seemed reaching into the bottom of the console a bit of a hassle. Like the back of my seat was in the way. Am I just not flexible enough? Am I being picky or are they not really a deal breaker? If I was to get a lariat are the bench seats just as adjustable as the bucket seats?

Is there a difference between the bluetooth and hands free system between the XLT and Lariat besides having the screen?
    On Lariat trucks, will txt msgs show up on the screen? Can you have preset replies on the screen?

Is it worth making the jump to the platinum?

Which rear axle ratio? I'm looking at a 450 with a 4.30 It's a nice truck. I don't absolutely need the 450 though but I do tow heavy time to time. I also spend time running around in my truck "bobtail" doing quotes or supervising jobs.

If you were to go with a 350 SRW what rear end would you choose and why? Like I said its a good mix of heavy towing and no towing. City and highway driving.

I'm in Canada and right now I'm getting pricing as follows (biweekly for 72)

350 Dually XLT $478
    450 Lariat $520
    350 Dually Platinum $540

Thanks in advance for all the help
  2. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Think you should re-title your thread. It's misleading. Your thread makes people think it's about a Boss plow, but it actually has nothing to do with a plow. It's a Ford question and should be titled that way so you get more responses.
  3. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

yeah it's supposed to be boss' superduty as in the truck the boss drives. I've got plenty of work trucks but it's time I get myself one. I thought about taking that part out though. Thanks for the advice.