1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

thinking about buying a dodge

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by nicks_xj, Feb 10, 2011.

1. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

looking at a 97 1500 with a 3 year old snowdogg 7.5 hd on it for $4500 think its a good deal advice or opinions wanted

thanks
    nick

2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Not that it matter a whole lot but what is it? Ex Cab short box? Reg cab long box? 360 or 318? What condition is it in? How many miles are on it? Any new parts?

A SnoDogg by itself is a somewhat inexpensive plow new, so it would probably only be worth about $1800 by itself. A 97 1/2ton Dodge here is in the $2,000-3,000 range in average condition with ~150,000 miles.

More info and probably pictures to give a better answer.

3. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

it has 98,000 miles on it, reg cab 8ft bed its in good condition no rust except spot on the bumper and im pretty sure it has a 318 in it im gonna try to get some pics tomorrow

4. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

here some crappy cell pic of the truck its got new ball joints, tie rod ends, u joints, and bearings

tims truck.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  5. eskimoplower

eskimoplower Junior Member

1995.5 Ram 1500 w/7.5 Meyers

We have our share of Dodge problems/issues.

Ram 1500, 318 V-8, 8 foot bed, single cab.

So far this season, we had to replace both front axle shaft u-joints, complete driver's side axle shaft, track-bar, and we burn through a quart of oil every storm, granted we're out plowing for 24-36 hours straight per storm. Over all a good truck. We bought it at the beginning of the season for $4,100 and probably put close to $1,500 into it so far.

Hope you have good luck with your purchase.

Greg

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey Eskimo, buy a Hughes intake gasket plenum and you'll stop using oil, as for the rest of the parts, just get quality aftermarket replacements and they'll last longer.

Nick- thats a fairly low mileage truck with a near new plow (retail is about $3000 on it). I'd offer the guy $3800 and see if he bites. You'll make plenty of money with that truck, but always keep some cash on the side for repairs. You can't expect a $4000 or $40,000 truck to never give you a problem if your working it.

7. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

Thanks for the advice everyone. I talked to the guy this morning and offered him $3200 for the truck and he said he can work with that so now I just got to wait till he calls me with the title

8. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I think $3200 is a great deal. Congrats and good luck with it.

9. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

wheres this at

10. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

its in berea

11. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

thanks deerefarmer hopefuly we will get another storm soon so i can try it out

12. randomb0b123

from america

aaa that explains why this all looks familiar i was just in that exact area sunday after i went to the garden show at ix center. dosent sound like a bad deal good find

13. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

yea i been workin out at the ix center for a couple months setting up the booths and takein them down for diffrent shows, if you thin that place is effin huge inside with stuff set up in it you should see it empty its ridiculously huge

14. randomb0b123

from america

haha ya id think a retired tank plant would be huge