1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

thinking about a new truck

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by CornerStoneProp, May 22, 2014.

1. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

I was thinking about a 2014 Dodge 2500 crew cab with the 6.7 and want to make sure my vx85 will still work. Do they make a mount for this truck? Gvw is 10000 lbs.

2. CornerStoneProp

Well I guess I will find out taking delivery wish me luck!

3. dzlpete

dzlpete Junior Member
    from Ma

Well, I have a new xv2 9.5' on my Dodge 3500 crew long box with the 6.7 and Aisin. All I can say is this truck carries that new plow and handles better than the '11 f350 I had, and the GM's before it! Your gonna love that truck!

4. CornerStoneProp

I already love the new truck! Is it November yet?

5. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Hope you don't have the amount of problems that I've had with the DEF system. I've had it back into the shop four times for the check engine light coming on, and they were all related to the DEF. They keep having to re-set the light and telling me that they can't find any problem. Love the truck other than this Huge PITA.

6. CornerStoneProp

500+ miles and no issues so far. Still need to get the plow mounted.

7. CornerStoneProp

I dropped the new truck off to have the mount installed today. I am curious to see how the new truck handles the v plow. Time will tell. I do have a complete trackside from my 09 super duty if anyone needs it.

8. CornerStoneProp

Do you have a 2014? Everything I read says that the issues were worked out for the 2014 model year.

9. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I think it says in my sig. It's a '13. And if they've got them worked out for the '14's, I'd like to know why they still can't' seem to get the bugs out in mine!!!

10. CornerStoneProp

Sorry completely missed that lol. If I were you I would ask for all TSB's to be performed by the dealer. Seems like all is computer software flash fixes nothing really is broken the computer is just fussy. There were all kinds of updates that are not recalls. I belong to another Cummins forum and they complain about the 13's all the time a lot of people had the dealer buy it back under lemon laws. All over computer flashes it seems.

Good luck,
    Chuck