1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Think we will ever see a expandable V plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by maelawncare, Dec 31, 2011.

1. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Was just thinking of what plow makers could bring us next. Since the expandable plow was the best innovation since the V plow. Where can they go from here?

Only thing I can think that will be as big as the expandable is a expandable V plow. Yes it would probably be very heavy, but would be BADASS. :gunsfiring:

You really could not go wrong with a plow like that. It could even be a bit smaller than a usual V. Say it starts out at 7' for transport and tight spaces and then expands out to 9' and can go into V as well.

2. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

snow way has an expandable box plow that looks nice. similar to the blizzard and wideout. I think Id like those better than an expandable V. I do like your idea of having it shrink to 7ft. thats a good idea, would also add weight for backdragging.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

A v that went from 9.2 to 13.2 would be the coolest... I see no advantage of having a 7' v on a pickup

4. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

You will probably see them and then we will have to buy them and plow for the same price as before. The customer will want you to be eifficient but at your cost not theirs.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Nope

Too much weight

6. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

X2....Plus too many moving Parts...Too costly to produce.....Too costly to repair...:eek:

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Rumor is Boss has the next big thing in the pipeline and it should show up at this years NETA:cool:

Also in the rumor mill, Snoway producing a 1/2 ton version of the 29R

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Bingo. If they did, they would have cheapen up to meet the governments requirements

9. Matson Snow

Yup...Its called the "Bossout"......I was in Iron Mountain the other day and its the Cats Meow........:laughing:

10. Matson Snow

The New "Bossout" is going back to the old days.....The Plow is gonna weigh 2100# and have a Steerable axle on it to get around the Gooberment....Thumbs Up

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Doesn't DD have the patent on that concept? The old Wheel blade?? Nope a quick check shows they applied but never completed the filing.

12. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Basher-here I go and buy a 760 Speedwing and now you tell me Sno way is comming out with the 26R. Just my luck. The day will come when I drive up and buy a plow at your place.

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Just a rumor at this time, but we take trade ins.:D

14. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Pretty sure that after the V came the back blades with wings so you can plow up to 16' wide behind you plus your front plow.

Unless they can make it light, its pretty hard to do much more on the front.

15. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Maybe make it out of composite like my Oil pan on my Ford. What about Carbon Fiber that light enough?

16. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

carbon fiber? If you thought plows were expensive now....

17. Matson Snow

They Don't have the patent on the Expandable "V" Wheel Blade.....Boss Has it...:eek:

18. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Good, someone has to give DD a run for their money. IMO Boss makes the best V blade already, make it expandable with wings and I will be one of the first in line!

The cost difference can easily be made up with that one storm where a V is the best blade for the job. Just having all the options on one unit is priceless.

19. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

What about a V-speedwing hybrid? That should weigh less than having all the hydros like a 810. They wouldnt be much more complicated than a normal 810. The Vs arent all the complicated as it is, its the expendables that get tough.

And weight is the reason why i said a 7' to begin with. Make a larger version just like how blizzard does the 8611 for f450+

Just trying to think of ideas that havent been introduced to the market yet.

20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Isn't the patent office a fun place to visit;)