1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Think this truck would be a good buy?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by snowplower1, Nov 21, 2015.

1. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

I've been looking for a truck to send the shoveling crew around in and ran across this. He said he was using it up until just a few weeks ago when he bought a new truck and it runs great. Around 250,000 miles on it. Body has rust but nothing horrible yet. I'm not looking for anything pretty I just need some thing to get the job done

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Unless you have money to put into it had one before and can do the work yourself, runaway....

The k&n filter looks like it has never been serviced and they dont hold up well after they are dented...

6inch lift and wide tires,,, perfect:dizzy: for plowing:dizzy:

the body is ready to rust off of the frame..

yea its cheep.. have you driven it?....
    and ask him not to start it until you are there.
    check for a warm engine....because hes trying to hide something...

does he have the stock parts so you can lower it?
    how much will some narrow tires with a good tread cost.
    and I bet you will need different rims?
  3. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

No he's a bit of a ways from me so I'm trying to get s much info before I drive out there.
    I didn't consider the lift that would need to be taken off in order to plow with it which I wasn't going to put a plow on it but thinking now it'd be good to put a plow on whatever I but to have on hand for storms and breakdowns