1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Think this guy needs ballast?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by IMAGE, Jan 6, 2008.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I saw this truck running around the other day. Notice he is in scoop mode, I'm guessing he rubs bad in V mode.

I also saw this bus in the ditch, sucks to be him!

2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Looks like he needs to tighten up the Tbars as well.
  3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

yup..and i bet that helps cool off the truck!!!!:dizzy:
  4. jjtmarineb2

jjtmarineb2 Member

He should keep it in straight mode. That way it puts the weight closer to the truck without worrying about rubbing in V mode.
  5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Or he could of just bought a Ford....:drinkup:
  6. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Oh, are all four tires supposed to be on the ground? I thought doubling the front tires contact patch made up for eliminating the rears. Same difference, right?:dizzy:
  7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

HE should have bought a ford wouldnt sag a bit!
  8. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

I agree should of bought a ford!!!!
  9. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I wouldn't ride with his like that why you never know that leaf spring on that will break then truck's front will hit road.

He should buy heavy duty leaf spring plus put 800 pounds on rear.

For that bus it look very serious stuck. I think it can pull out with 3 f350 with 4x4 would do that because bus's rear end is actual on ditch which make hardest to pull bus out ditch.
  10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

That truck does not have leaf springs in the front. It is an independent front suspension and uses torsion bars. If he cranks the keys in the torsion bars tightening them up the truck will hold weight better. Also 500-800lbs of weight by the tailgate would help quite a bit.
  11. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

HAHA you guys think thats bad...youll have to use your imagination with this one cause i didnt have my camera on me and i dont think i would have been able to get a pic anyways i was way to dumbfounded

2 days ago coming home from some shopping i see this huge 9 ft Boss V plow in straight mode coming at me, and it was an older style probly RT2, but it was mounted on a new style CREW CAB FLARESIDE F150...this baby was hurtin :cry: i think the front fenders were rubbin the tires! i should have turned around and chased him down to take a picture with my cell phone
  12. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

That bus is a tour group sledding together :drinkup::drinkup:
  13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

He probably is just tired and forgot to put his wings back. It wouldn't drag if he put them back, I don't run ballast in my trucks and my t-bars are turned up very little. You guys are right though, he should have bought a Ford and then life would be perfect.
  14. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I would never plow with it saggin like that!
  15. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

imagine how responsive it is when coming up to curbs :eek:, the truck has to squat 7 inches before the plow even moves
  16. Miles Marine

Miles Marine Junior Member

he just needs a real truck to hold up that nice plow!
  17. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

We havent had a big plowable event here in 2 weeks, (not since 5 days before this picture), there was a dusting that morning and light drifting, but nothing that would require so much work as to miss much sleep.

I dont know if he was out cleaning up some drifting somewhere, or if he was just moving his plow accross town, but it sure looked funny!
  18. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

wouldnt let the mother in law drive a ford,an i cant stand her...:gunsfiring:
  19. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe it wasn't even his plow....maybe it belonged to a friend with a "real truck" that was in the shop the day it snowed getting the coil packs or turbo replaced...:D
  20. SnowMP

SnowMP Junior Member

Please end this thread! I'm going to pee my pants!!!